Resolved: [GSDX] New DX11 HW Mode Issue on r5074
Actually it makes the opposite on my radeon;], in native and x2 internal res I have around 20-30fps crawl without this option, while with it it's full speed easily. Only now I saw that it's different at least in latest gsdx with higher res. IE x3 it's like you say and I can get 50fps without it, while 20-30fps with. Soo it highly depends on gpu and internal res used.

Just an edit couse it's a bit of offtop:
I made a bit more of testing, from what I noticed it's the 2D sprites(meaning whole ui + any menu, yeah including the main one) that give me awfull slowdowns without 8 bit textures. Stupid dmg counter is already -10 fps and hp bars and timer even more to begin with, in main menu at x2 I got like 40 fps without 8 bit textures(lag at 2d menu = lol? yeah, but it's true >.>), double with with it;3. I also remember somebody with hd5770 which had similar experiences soo it does apply to more radeons, through I also read an opinion or two before that this option(allow 8 bit textures) is generally much more usefull in AMD gpu's, soo nothing really new.

Strangely with higher upscalling those 2D sprites feel much lighter on my radeon and at x3 or above that option seem to give the opposite(ie main menu x6 with 8 bit 18fps, w/o - 25fps), through at x3 I still get minor slowdowns one way or another anyway soo my choice kind of simple x2 + fxaa and with 8 bit textures otherwise like I say speed is awfull and goes down by any 2D object.

I'm curious what graphical glitch could happen of 8 bit textures still through, couse I helped some guy on yt once that had hd4650m gpu(meaning pretty much same what recoder has) and he could play at full speed with 8bit tex in native without any buggy frameskip;3.

Sponsored links

There are some new packet handlers that don't get null'ed when frame skipping is in effect.
Fixed by r5075.
Good Job Gabest Smile .

P.S: @Squall: I have actually played the PC version of UT99 for a very long time (before it got old Tongue ). But this isn't about which games are released for PC or not, and fixing those bugs might help other games + i like doing regression tests for all revs of pcsx2, gsdx, etc.. but nooooooo you had to come and herp/derp/lerp at me.
Miseru99 Wrote:I'm curious what graphical glitch could happen of 8 bit textures still through, couse I helped some guy on yt once that had hd4650m gpu(meaning pretty much same what recoder has) and he could play at full speed with 8bit tex in native without any buggy frameskip;3.

Look at the Screenshot below. The Settings are default (Emulation, GSDX and no frameskipping this time or other speedhack) Tongue2

GSDX Settings :-

DirectX 10 (Hardware)

Allow 8-bit Texture Enabled

Start Screen :-

Game Mode Select :-

Goku Doing Kamehameha :-

[Image: recodersignature2.png]
So the cause of this is that new Packet Handlers don't get nulled.

Will this continue till later releases because i would like to play it with frameskip of 1 : 2. Tongue2
Huh strange stuff on your screenshots;3 surely looks nasty, but maybe it's some kind of driver problem, heh I have no clue doesn't happen on my radeon and I cannot reproduce it anyway through trying. I do have a feeling I saw such glitch in this game somewhere, but in ancient times, soo doesn't apply to current gsdx;3.
OK I was using DirectX 10. There was not a single glitch when using DirectX 9 with Allow 8-bit Texture but DirectX 10 seems to have this problem with Allow 8-bit Texture.

It may not be a Driver problem because its updated and tried using all previous versions too.

Seems like the r5076 has some effect. I don't see the sky black anymore (as it happended here [Image: attachment.php?aid=30827] But rest problems are there. the Sky is shown perfectly using frameskip 1 : 2.
tried reproducing your bug recoder, but to no avail, i don't know what to say.
Fixed in r5078. Thanks Gabest.
Wink 
Oh Wow! the GSDX can handle 83 fps with 4x Native. Great Job.