Resolved: Game autostart after switching cards
Hello! I think following should be considered as a bug, if it is not, please, help to post it to right thread.

PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875)

Let's pretend that you have two games, two different memcards for each game and you use one and the same slot to insert cards.

Follow steps to reproduce bug:
1. You open memcards configuration and insert 1st card to the slot. Then you press Ok to save configuration and close it.
2. You insert CD (or select iso) and then start it (no matter standard or fast)
3. You play your game for sometime and saving your progress to the memcard 1
4. Then you decided to play game 2, its data is stored in memcard 2. You shutdown your game 1 (press cross 'X' to close game window) or even shutdown console from menu.
5. You open memcard configuration again, pull out memcard 1. Then you insert card 2 and press Ok. 

Result: Game 1 is started right after that automatically. If you just closed window, it starts from the same place it worked before you closed it. If console was shut down, then game 1 is also starting, but gently, from beginning screen.

Expected result: Nothing should be opened automatically. After that I should insert new CD (select new iso) and then start game 2 manually (gently or fast). Memcard 2 now should be used.

Thank you!

Sponsored links

Closing the window does not necessarily shutdown the emulation. What happens if you explicitly shutdown emulation after closing the gs window? Use the top menu entry system-> shutdown
(10-01-2015, 11:48 PM)willkuer Wrote: Closing the window does not necessarily shutdown the emulation. What happens if you explicitly shutdown emulation?

In this case closing the window just pauses the emu. Inserting a new mem card just restarts the emulation.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-01-2015, 11:48 PM)willkuer Wrote: Closing the window does not necessarily shutdown the emulation. What happens if you explicitly shutdown emulation after closing the gs window? Use the top menu entry system-> shutdown

As I've already written, no matter, if you shutdown entire emulation (switching off console) or just closing game window (putting it to pause). If you closed the game window (paused the game) - when you reinsert card, game is opened at the same place (unpausing the game). If you shutdown entire emulation (switched off console) - game fully relaunches again gracefully (with all starting screens, movies etc.) I fully understanding situation with unpausing game - it is like pull off real card from real console and then insert another during, for example, loading menu, in order to find correct card and load your saved progress. But I absolutely don't understand situation with complete shutdown of emulation - why when I insert another card, the game 1 is restarted? May be it is inteded behaviour? Then I just don't understand its logic.

Thank you!
Fixed by #872, Thanks for the report.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction