Resolved: Gsdx plugin crash on latest builds
I've been using the 1.3.0-734 (Dec 6th) version just fine and it also has the OpenCL option in there. Not experiencing any crashing when trying to set it in the Video GS options either.

Was planning on updating again anyways, I'll try the latest version (1.3.0-755) later.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

The stranger thing is I just tried my spare pc which I last changed configuration on the 30th November and that doesnt work either after I updated it to latest build which is strange

I wonder if some Windows update has messed it up or that all 3 pcs use Nvidia cards so may be something to do with that or something somewhere has messed up.

I cannot go into configuration to change to directx9 10 or 11 or software mode which is the main problem,

EDIT : I have partially worked out the issue, I remember having a problem with some software that also used opencl a few months ago because I install my video driver through device manager and dont use the automatic setup exe because it installs stuff you dont need, so I had to install via the official installer to get opencl to work with that.

I need to someway manually install opencl to stop some sort of conflict I assume.
(12-11-2014, 09:33 PM)dekadeka Wrote: I need to someway manually install opencl to stop some sort of conflict I assume.
there's no way it will work Tongue, Nvidia cards only support opencl 1.1
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Looks like I'm in the same boat now...it's like nvidia is making the drivers to make pcsx2 have more and more problems
The only new thing now is that I uninstalled the nvidia drivers(completely remove them...I was with 344.60)and installed the latest version(344.75)but this time I installed only the drivers and physics(without hd audio,experience,3d and so on).

The last GSdx version(that I can try)that don't make pcsx2 to crash is v1.2.1-704-g1b555ea

Also,I don't know if it's related but(don't know if they are created when you start a game or open the GSdx settings window and hit ok)two folders were created in the Temp folder with the names of the cpu and the gpu...now those folders are not created.

Edit:Hmm,what now,I uninstalled the latest drivers and installed 344.60 but pcsx2 continues to crash when I open the GSdx settings window
(12-14-2014, 10:48 AM)vsub Wrote: Edit:Hmm,what now,I uninstalled the latest drivers and installed 344.60 but pcsx2 continues to crash when I open the GSdx settings window
I think, i don't have this problem because, i have never upgraded my driver's from my next day of ownership with my graphics card. and, the version i'm using is pretty old.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
The question is why it was working before with the same drivers and not now Sad

btw since you have almost the same pc as my,can you check the Temp folder for two folders(I need the names)

C:\Users\your account name\AppData\Local\Temp
Inside(or in some sub folder inside)you'll find two folder with the names of your CPU and GPU,what is the full name of those folders

PS.It only matters if you can use those GSdx version(you can open the settings window)that have OpenCL support

there is one folder named "NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 750Ti OpenCL C 1.1 GPU" but, i don't know where the other folder with the name of my cpu written is located.
- Refraction
It's supposed to be in the same directory as this one
Hmm,I disabled my nvidia card and enabled the HD4600 but pcsx2 is still crashing if I try to open the settings window
Do you have the crash in gsdx configuration or in the middle of a game?

Potentially: try to remove GSdx.ini