Resolved: Gsdx plugin crash on latest builds
This has only been happening the last week(not sure if it was last Monday or after due to last time wanting to change settings) This is ona Windows 7 and Windows 8 pc, also notice someone on another thread has same problems.

Main pc has i7 3770k 16 gig ram 780ti Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, laptop has i7 4600HQ 12 gig ram, 780 Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

As soon as you click the configuration part of the plugin it just crashes.

Sponsored links

what version of pcsx2 are you using ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
what if you set dv9 plugin to null ?
I think it's not defaulted to null in latest builds.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It has been happening on all the Orphis builds from the last week, not sure if its related but I normally just copy and paste the latest versions over old ones, but I did try deleting all the plugin inis with no success too.
(12-09-2014, 07:36 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I think it's not defaulted to null in latest builds.
nope, it's defaulted to null in the latest builds.

@dekadeka
does the recent stable version 1.2.1 also crash for you when, you click the configuration part ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Well, the problem would be the new OpenCL renderer then. The question is why it's crashing and what needs to be done to prevent it.
For that we need to have as much information on the crash as possible.
I havent been playing games much last few days so not much chance to check however it seems fine in use its only when clicking configure on setup or when going through the emulator itself when a game is running it crashes, however despite saying PCSX2 is forced to close the process is still running.

Also the stable builds work as did the orphis builds till about a week or so ago, I know this as went to change settings about 12 days ago and it was fine and was only when I wanted to play a game when on holiday on laptop did the problems occur.
can you rephrase the sentences in proper English. i can't quite understand your statement.
- Refraction
That may be a problem but builds from the last few weeks dont work, I did try one from the 11th November that worked and one from the 30th that didnt.

Games do not seem to crash in play but only if you want to edit configuration, at which point it tells me it needs to close but then the process is running in task manager.
(12-10-2014, 08:41 PM)dekadeka Wrote: That may be a problem but builds from the last few weeks dont work, I did try one from the 11th November that worked and one from the 30th that didnt.
just in-case, i will also try the latest development build .
edit: tried the latest builds right now, but didn't have the problem of crashing when clicking configuration. if, the crashes happen to you at opencl rendering then, change it to dx9 (or) dx11
- Refraction