Resolved: Simple bug with the console reporting.
(05-07-2015, 05:07 PM)vsub Wrote: What I actually want to see is some kind of info in the game window which mode is selected(sometimes I don't know at what mode gsdx is running(the speed is the same)and the only way to find out is to rely on the console info))

That could be done by using the renderer variable in the conditional statement, I will try looking into it. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

I 100% agree with vsub. Having the renderer being used printed on the title bar of the GS window would be GREAT. I've asked for it before since it even helps us when we're troubleshooting problems for other people here in the forums. We can just look at the title bar and get more information about their situation.

About the console message itself, I would take out the 'HW/SW' part and just leave it as 'Toggling GSdx renderers' or maybe just 'Changing GSdx renderers' or 'GSdx renderer changed'
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
so, would it be okay if I add this simple console message for the hw/sw toggle and make the renderer be displayed on the title bar ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
sure, have at it! Should take a few minutes for you.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-07-2015, 05:48 PM)ssakash Wrote: so, would it be okay if I add this simple console message for the hw/sw toggle and make the renderer be displayed on the title bar ?

Yeah I think that's a good idea. Maybe the console message can even say 'Changing GSdx renderers, see the game window's title bar for the current renderer' or something like that. What does everyone else think?
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
(05-07-2015, 05:46 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: ake out the 'HW/SW' part and just leave it as 'Toggling GSdx renderers' or maybe just 'Changing GSdx renderers' or 'GSdx renderer changed'

That would be ambiguous since that could mean changing from DX9 to DX11 etc
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-07-2015, 05:46 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: About the console message itself, I would take out the 'HW/SW' part and just leave it as 'Toggling GSdx renderers' or maybe just 'Changing GSdx renderers' or 'GSdx renderer changed'

have you finalized on any single one ?

Quote:sure, have at it! Should take a few minutes for you.
I still haven't taken a look at it. I will implement it when, I have free time.

(05-07-2015, 05:46 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Having the renderer being used printed on the title bar of the GS window would be GREAT. I've asked for it before since it even helps us when we're troubleshooting problems for other people here in the forums.

on second thought, the GUI panel already looks too crowded so, I think it would be ideal to display it in the log messages.
- Refraction
(05-07-2015, 05:54 PM)Bositman Wrote: That would be ambiguous since that could mean changing from DX9 to DX11 etc

Yeah I just realized that. Check out what I said on GitHub:

Quote:Well now that I think about it, technically that toggle could switch between different renderers (D3D9, D3D11, OGL) instead of different renderer modes (software, hardware) so I guess it is needed. Although the software renderers are not really renderer "modes", are they? They are full on renderers. So if we say "toggling GSdx renderers", that's still correct.

Maybe the way to do it would be "Toggling GSdx %s renderer" &rendererVariable so it prints "Toggling GSdx D3D9 renderer" or "Toggling GSdx OpenGL renderer", etc, etc.

What do you think of that, Bositman?

(05-07-2015, 05:55 PM)ssakash Wrote: have you finalized on any single one ?

Not really, I was just giving suggestions. I'd like other people's input to see which one they prefer. I just think that maybe the word "toggle" is too complicated for end users. What do you guys think?

(05-07-2015, 05:55 PM)ssakash Wrote: on second thought, the GUI panel already looks too crowded so, I think it would be ideal to display it in the log messages.

It's not that crowded: http://i.imgur.com/0lgzSdG.png

All you need to do is add it right next to 'GSdx'. That way it'll say 'GSdx (Hardware)' or 'GSdx (Software)'. You're only adding 10 characters.

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
GSdx(HW)and GSdx(SW)is also good enough
There you go, you could shorten it to HW and SW. Smile

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games