Resolved: Valkyrie Profile 2
Been using 5557 build for some time and the game  worked perfectly I download the 5587svn build and now the game no longer works.

The game goes to main menu, But soon as i load from memory card the game goes to blackscreen EE is 99% but GS is 0% Same issue with new game after the initial cut scenes and game play starts EE 99%  GS 0% and black screen

There are no errors in the log the emulator is pretty much unresponsive at that point. I must of lucked out here when trying to figure out last build that worked, 5586 is last build that worked, I did not check and build before that cause 5587 dont work and 5586 does

Tried with my ini settings and and with defaults Tried with GSDX DX 11 and 9 and software and all same issue tried different graphics plugins they have same problem after loading from memory card are starting a new game after the initial cut scenes  it all goes black

Sponsored links

Can you try a few revisions back to see where it broke?
Thanks!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

5587 broke it.
Code:
microVU1: D-bit set!
Last thing before it goes silent, and it works with VU1 in intepreter mode.
Ok thanks ill fix it tonight!

(03-12-2013, 01:26 PM)Eloris Wrote: 5587 broke it.
Code:
Last thing before it goes silent, and it works with VU1 in intepreter mode.

Did not know that, but then I dont ever mess with any of EE/VY settings, Just know 5586 was last working.

(03-12-2013, 02:10 PM)refraction Wrote: Ok thanks ill fix it tonight!

Thanks
Hopefully should be fixed now.

(03-13-2013, 02:03 AM)refraction Wrote: Hopefully should be fixed now.

Gona have to say no still, I was able to load from a memory card and do a new game, but right after dipan scene after the first boss, Blackscreen returned right where chapter 2 should start and now the memory card loads arnt working neither are new games.

went back to 5586 and all is fine.

Interpreter mode may work in those build past 5586 but they game is 50% slower in hw mode where as was 60 fps Interpreter vu1 caused 30fps or lower did not full test this as the game was so low in this mode i just didnt bother

Cant provide logs as when this happens the whole emulator becomes unresponsive force me to end task
5592 locks up upon loading memory card and starting a new game after there cut scenes 5586 is still last working version for me.

Only thing i get when I see this blackscreens and nothing

Impossible blend for D3D: (Cs - 0) * As + Cs
Impossible blend for D3D: (Cs - 0) * 128 >> 7 + Cs

Pretty sure I get those impossible blends in 5586 to so i doubt that the issue
Hmm I didnt try that, just made sure the game starts which it does. Can i get a copy of your memcard and can you tell me if its for the eu/us/jap version?

Edit: Actually can you try r5593 first?

Just to add what I have noticed. 5587 didn't really freeze on memcard loads, as loading to the world map worked just fine. It just froze whenever you entered a regular area.

That worked with 5592, but 5592 would freeze reliably right after all the intro sequences were over and you get to take control for the first time in Solde (and likely other places after cutscenes, from what was said above).

That particular part works now with 5593.