Resolved-Workaround: [Bug report]Final Fantaxy X[PAL]
(02-06-2009, 07:23 AM)makotech22 Wrote: good idea, but no it didnt work. its ntsc, btw, and im using gsdx sse4 latest revision. DX10 hardware too.
if you use SSE3 or SSE2 does it still happen?

Sponsored links

(02-11-2009, 11:35 AM)refraction Wrote: make sure the nloop hack is on and not in "Auto" mode (shaded grey)

I've tried to do that but it still doesn't work! The problem here is if i turn MTGS on, the problem occurs, and if i turn it off, the game runs well (but slow). It doens't occur when I used windows XP. (I'm using Windows Vista now)
# Playground version: pcsx2-snapshot478 and older
# tried many different settings and plugin configurations
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.14 , spu2ghz 1.9.0
# Description: Looks like I have a same problem as bahoaday and makotech22 except that I don't use codebreaker or any program like that. Polygons are missing and only thing that solves it is turning MTGS off. The thing is, it's not an issue of Vista like bahoaday suggested - I have WinXP x64 and FFX went fine only few weeks ago and I have no idea what could have changed that. I tried changing my video drivers back to older version since that was the only thing I changed on my PC between FFX running fine and behaving like this - didn't work. Screenshot shows exactly what happens.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ok can you post the CRC for your version of PCSX2? as the emulator overrides the GS plugin when in MTGS mode, its possible your FFX is one of the ones that isnt listed for the "NLOOP" hack.

If you tell me your CRC i can add it to the emulator Smile (both of you)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-13-2009, 12:25 PM)refraction Wrote: ok can you post the CRC for your version of PCSX2? as the emulator overrides the GS plugin when in MTGS mode, its possible your FFX is one of the ones that isnt listed for the "NLOOP" hack.

If you tell me your CRC i can add it to the emulator Smile (both of you)

This will probably sound like a stupid question but what exactly do you mean by "CRC of PCSX2"? I know what CRC means (cyclic redundancy check...) but I'm not sure which files should I check nor am I sure if you want me to post an .svf file or something else.
if you enable the console, it will say at the top "running game [crc=12345678]" at the top if you turn patches off.

CRC = A39517AB
However I have to say this: I was using Linuz/Pg ISO plugin and was using "Run->Execute" method which I found out to bypass a few things(e.g. CRC check) and caused that missing polygon problem. I realized this only moments ago while going through the older forum threads... That means that FFX runs fine even with MTGS on when using File->Run CD/DVD.
I was unaware that this method could cause such glitch in graphics. Better for others to say if they are in same situation. (although it could just be me...)
ah yes, this is an issue that is being looked in to currently. ill log it on google code so nobody forgets ;p

(02-13-2009, 05:29 PM)cain01 Wrote: CRC = A39517AB
However I have to say this: I was using Linuz/Pg ISO plugin and was using "Run->Execute" method which I found out to bypass a few things(e.g. CRC check) and caused that missing polygon problem. I realized this only moments ago while going through the older forum threads... That means that FFX runs fine even with MTGS on when using File->Run CD/DVD.
I was unaware that this method could cause such glitch in graphics. Better for others to say if they are in same situation. (although it could just be me...)

I always use File->Run CD/DVD. to open the DVD (and I got the problem), but I don't know why this problem only occurs under windows Vista (32bit) and nothings bad happens with XP. (in the same com) .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thumbs Up 
Hello everyone ! About the problem I told u before : FFX has so much missing polygon when I play it with pcsx2 pp on Windows Vista with this config: MTGS on, FFX hack for Zero KOSMOS 0.97.1,or NLOOP hack for GSdx0.1.14 (and if I turn MTGS off, the problem doesn’t occur).
I don’t know what causes this problemWacko (in the technical aspect), but I’ve found a temporary (alternative) solution to fix this bug Laugh: just run PCSX2 (the old pp or the latest snapshot) in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2 and the game will run so well again! (MTGS on, no graphic problem and DX10 mode for GSdx can still be enable!) . I hope this tip can help someone that has the same problem as I do. And thank everyone, thank refraction for listening to me so far! Biggrin