Resolved-Workaround: [Bug report]Final Fantaxy X[PAL]
# Playground version: pcsx2-snapshot478
# plugins or settings don't make any difference
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.14 , spu2ghz 1.9.0
# Description: Rendered FMV videos have graphical glitches - see screenshot. It's only happening in snapshot478 regardless of settings. Older releases of pcsx-playground run without this problem with same plugins and settings so I assume it's an issue of emulator itself.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(02-15-2009, 05:20 PM)cain01 Wrote: # Playground version: pcsx2-snapshot478
# plugins or settings don't make any difference
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.14 , spu2ghz 1.9.0
# Description: Rendered FMV videos have graphical glitches - see screenshot. It's only happening in snapshot478 regardless of settings. Older releases of pcsx-playground run without this problem with same plugins and settings so I assume it's an issue of emulator itself.

Hack-fixed in rev 489.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
#Playground version: pcsx2-r490
#plugins used ZeroGS 097.1-r0463m and ZeroSPU r485-DEV 0.4.6
#plugins setting: GS Antyaliasing,
#description:
Antyaliasing screws up FMVs, SPU quality of the sound is poor I think because of the lack of the reverb, I may be wrong, but when I try gigaherz newest with reverb it slows down the game to 50 fps.
(02-13-2009, 05:29 PM)cain01 Wrote: CRC = A39517AB
However I have to say this: I was using Linuz/Pg ISO plugin and was using "Run->Execute" method which I found out to bypass a few things(e.g. CRC check) and caused that missing polygon problem. I realized this only moments ago while going through the older forum threads... That means that FFX runs fine even with MTGS on when using File->Run CD/DVD.
I was unaware that this method could cause such glitch in graphics. Better for others to say if they are in same situation. (although it could just be me...)

this must be it for me as well. sound very similar, im just using the run .elf file instead of execute.
(01-19-2009, 10:51 PM)lightchris Wrote: I'll use this thread for another question regarding FFX:

There are some minor graphical glitches concerning alpha tests which should be pretty famous (see below). It does not occur when VU1rec is disabled.

What's the current status of this bug, are there any ideas of how to get it fixed? I didn't find anything about it in this forums.

Seems like a new glitch has been introduced with 521 or 522 (520 was ok). Just watch the intro to see more of it. Wink
edit: Oh, and again it works all fine without VU1rec.

I'm not getting that here. Rev 502 is the same as Rev 520,521 and 522.The blackness there is caused by GSdx's hardware renderer,if you use SW it looks ok (check pics)
But this could also be because my CPU supports both SSSE3 and SSE4 so if yours doesn't,it will be using some code mine doesn't.
Edit: Hmm I see yours doesn't support SSSE3 or SSE4,will check it with someone who doesn't

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-18-2009, 10:54 AM)lightchris Wrote: Seems like a new glitch has been introduced with 521 or 522 (520 was ok). Just watch the intro to see more of it. Wink
edit: Oh, and again it works all fine without VU1rec.

make sure you have the "advanced" options to defaults, no extra options on, also "Logarithmic Z" is selected in gsdx9
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I also have problem witch i noticed in most revisions. When i pause my game instead of it doing the transparent screen i get a black sreen

using GSdx SSE3
(02-18-2009, 12:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: I'm not getting that here. Rev 502 is the same as Rev 520,521 and 522.The blackness there is caused by GSdx's hardware renderer,if you use SW it looks ok (check pics)

Yes and no. Wink
The black/purpleness is also not present when VU1rec is disabled (also, Kimahris' hair is still bugged in GSdx software mode with VU1rec on). So I wonder whether the problem really lies in GSdx's hardware mode or in VU1rec.

(02-18-2009, 12:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: But this could also be because my CPU supports both SSSE3 and SSE4 so if yours doesn't,it will be using some code mine doesn't.
Edit: Hmm I see yours doesn't support SSSE3 or SSE4,will check it with someone who doesn't

As any Core 2 Duo it supports SSSE3, which I am using.

(02-18-2009, 02:40 PM)refraction Wrote: make sure you have the "advanced" options to defaults, no extra options on, also "Logarithmic Z" is selected in gsdx9

I did that. Maybe some error in my specific compile, I used the "release" option.

edit: ah, I see ramapcsx2 already reverted the changes of 521 which really caused bugs without SSE4.

edit2: Yep, the glitch is gone in 524.
Fixed:
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=524

Thanks for reporting