Resolved-Workaround: Gran Turismo 4 - settings?
I'm sure this was posted before and I don't think it's really a bug but I used the search function and couldn't find it. Overall the game runs fine but two things that I've tried different settings and can't get it to work.

1. The "Get Ready to Drive" "Full Throttle" graphic/text doesn't go away once the race starts.
2. When you pass certain checkpoints, it shows the car that is in front of you (or behind you if you're in first) but it doesn't show the time ahead/behind.

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this.

Sponsored links

For the first problem you must set EE/IOP - Clamping Mode to Full and VUs - Clamping Mode to Extra + Preserve Sign. But be aware, if you use these settings, the license center will not work anymore (it will always crash the emulation). The second problem surely knows another user. Smile
(12-24-2022, 12:40 AM)Khi Wrote: For the first problem you must set EE/IOP - Clamping Mode to Full and VUs - Clamping Mode to Extra + Preserve Sign. But be aware, if you use these settings, the license center will not work anymore (it will always crash the emulation). The second problem surely knows another user. Smile

Thank you for the quick reply. Where is this setting in the new nightly build UI? All the videos and screenshots I see are of a different UI and I can't find this setting. Or is there a way to change to the old UI?

Never mind, I found it.
In the Qt version right click on the game and click on Properties..., then a window appears where you can find the Advanced option in the left column. Click on it and you will find these two settings. EmotionEngine (EE/IOP) - Clamping Mode: Full and Vector Units (VUs) - Clamping Mode: Extra + Preserve Sign. And one more thing: You do not have to change these two settings. The text also disappears if you change the view with Select. Good luck! Laugh
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved with a workaround since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go