Reverse engineer widescreen hack from dynamic memory patch
Hi there,

Is there a method to create a pnach from a dyanmic memory value.

I have found a 3x addr that affects the aspect ratio in Pirates: The Legend Of Black Kat (PAL) [ripped from my own disc - crc: E677B8F1] and by changing that data I have found what 2x addresses it changes:

20E004BC
20E0057C
20E0063C
20E006FC
20E007BC
20E0087C
20E0093C
20E009FC
20E00ABC
20E00B7C
20E00C3C
20E00CFC
2800607C

For the instance I have running in pcsx2, these addresses also seem to bear some relation to how the viewport is calculated:

20692A4D
pcsx2.exe+22648CD

Both these addresses change according to the 3x value however they only affect the window for a quark before being reset to the original value if used in a pnach with all of the above addresses.

I'm using cheat engine to view the memory and I have tried to trace where these values are coming from and what they are doing but, to be quite honest, I have not got a fraking clue. But I was wondering if there is a way that a pnach can be created from this?

I speculate that the aspect ratio is not hard calculated into the ELF but is calculated at run-time.  Have I missed something on how to find these values; Is there a way to back track and find them?

I am trying to make a OPL cheat to play on original hardware.  Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

[Edit - I've found the correct code after I looked into editing the ELF directly]

Sponsored links