Ridge Racer V - Texture Bugs
Question 
I got alot of problems in my Ridge Racer V on the PCSX2 Emulator.
I already tried changing the settings, but it doesn't help at all...
So I hoped any of you could help me out.

Here's the main bug:

[Image: c79a698c09a9161ea361bc4aa7f9a.jpg]

And besides that... the intro is lagging heavily and the colors are just... doing weird, not really explainable... so have another picture:

[Image: c0880f6f96e24c4ec29b93d2c5d8e.jpg]

Trying to use the emulator on a Windows 7 64bit.
Can play every game that is out at this moment and the highest settings.
If anyone knows the answer to fix these texture bugs, please reply.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-20-2012, 12:26 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

My hardware specs:

Model: Windows 7 SP1 v3.0-x64
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I used the PCSX2 0.9.8

Settings were restored to default after bugs kept showing up.

Iso:

Ridge Racer V (USA).bin (NTCS).

That should be all.
I'm afraid software mode (F9) is your only salvation for the minute to fix the textures on the car. The other issue of the green shapes is down to IPU (Video playback) issues which are unsolvable currently.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-20-2012, 12:49 AM)refraction Wrote: I'm afraid software mode (F9) is your only salvation for the minute to fix the textures on the car. The other issue of the green shapes is down to IPU (Video playback) issues which are unsolvable currently.

I appreciate the reply refraction. As you already know I too am experiencing this issue but I'm hopeful that one of you guys will eventually get to the bottom of it and sort it out. The intro being all garbled up isn't that big of a deal but the screwey looking car textures really hamper the experience and visual immersion of the game.

You guys are working hard and we all appreciate your efforts. Thanks again Smile
On the topic of Ridge Racer was there any progress fixing the invisible cars in R:RE?
(06-20-2012, 12:49 AM)refraction Wrote: I'm afraid software mode (F9) is your only salvation for the minute to fix the textures on the car. The other issue of the green shapes is down to IPU (Video playback) issues which are unsolvable currently.

Pressing F9 both fixed the intro and the car textures, thank you for your fast reply. I can finally enjoy Ridge Racer again. Biggrin
(06-20-2012, 11:11 AM)TheLapper96 Wrote: Pressing F9 both fixed the intro and the car textures, thank you for your fast reply. I can finally enjoy Ridge Racer again. Biggrin

Out of curiosity would you mind posting your settings for software mode, and tell us whether or not you're running anti-alaising?

Also, is it possible to make the game look good, or on par with Hardware mode, when running in software mode? If so, what are good tips?
This fixes the texture problem, thank you very much.

The game still runs unbelievably slow for me though, much like everything else in PCSX2... There has got to be some setting that I need to change somewhere...
(06-22-2012, 10:16 AM)Fredrick2003 Wrote: This fixes the texture problem, thank you very much.

The game still runs unbelievably slow for me though, much like everything else in PCSX2... There has got to be some setting that I need to change somewhere...

Basic PC Specs:
i7 3.8 Ghz
8GB RAM 2133 Mhz
GTX 580
Windows 7

Set the extra rendering threads to 3?