Right half of screen missing
Trying to run Champions of Norrath and every time I boot it up the entire right half of the screen is missing.  I'm running on Win 10 with a FX 6300 6-core OC'ed to 4.3GHz, 8GB 1333MHz RAM, NVidia GTX 750 Ti.  Have played around with the Gdsx configuration and still no change.  Any suggestions or theories on what the problem might be?

Sponsored links

download and install latest GIT, use gsdx opengl mode.
alternatively, use software mode.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-22-2015, 06:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: download and install latest GIT, use gsdx opengl mode.
alternatively, use software mode.

software mode fixed the screen but the game runs at an unplayable framerate.  open GL and GIT did nothing
Unfortunately, your PC won't be powerful enough to handle this game whatever you do.
Gsdx OGl mode will be too demanding for your GPU, and software mode will be too dmanding for your CPU.
better keep playing it on your real PS2 for now
(12-22-2015, 11:27 AM)WarsSquire Wrote:  open GL and GIT did nothing

really ? could you provide your GSDX plugin settings and emulog ?
(12-22-2015, 11:30 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Unfortunately, your PC won't be powerful enough to handle this game whatever you do.
Gsdx OGl mode will be too demanding for your GPU, and software mode will be too dmanding for your CPU.
better keep playing it on your real PS2 for now

Well then, thankfully i have a GTX 960 on its way.  Thanks for the help though.   It just seems strange to me that my build can run fallout 4 just fine but has serious issues running games from a 15 year old console.
(12-22-2015, 11:34 AM)ssakash Wrote: really ? could you provide your GSDX plugin settings and emulog ?

Renderer: Open GL (hardware), interlacing: Auto, native resolution, texture filtering with the black box inside the check box, nothing else checked
(12-22-2015, 11:40 AM)WarsSquire Wrote: Renderer: Open GL (hardware), interlacing: Auto, native resolution, texture filtering with the black box inside the check box, nothing else checked

I thought you were supposed to be using the Latest Git builds not the stable build. try D3D11/Opengl on latest development build and check whether the issue is present.
(12-22-2015, 11:48 AM)ssakash Wrote: I thought you were supposed to be using the Latest Git builds not the stable build. try D3D11/Opengl on latest development build and check whether the issue is present.

OK, I'm unfamiliar with using GIT builds so i probably grabbed the wrong one
(12-22-2015, 11:35 AM)WarsSquire Wrote: It just seems strange to me that my build can run fallout 4 just fine but has serious issues running games from a 15 year old console.

Fallout 4 isn't emulated. The comparison is thus irrelevant.