Ring of Red game freeze and emulator crash
Hello all, this is my first post here although I have been using PCSX2 for several years now. If this is the wrong place to post this please let me know. I have been trying to play the NTSC version of Ring of Red for about two days now and the game consistently crashes after the third mission ends. It plays the victory screen and all of the dialogue perfectly and then goes on to display a text cut scene which crashes after it gets to the second paragraph. I first tried various settings such as software and hardware mode and some of the game fixes on the current stable version of the emulator. On the wiki. one of the user mentioned using a 1.5 build to play from stat to finish, so I switched to one of the 1.5 builds that I downloaded a while ago and tried a bunch of settings still nothing has worked. I have tried loading from both save states and from a memory card and neither has helped. I have considered the option that the save might be corrupt, is this an issue that others have encountered? I would like to know before I wipe the save and start over.

This game is a very cool and unique SRPG that i would love to be able to play on my PC, so thanks in advance for any help.

My specs are:

Windows 10 64bit
Nvidia GTX 1070 8gb VRAM
32GB RAM
Intel i7-7700 3.60ghz 4 cores

Is there anything else that is relevant?

Sponsored links

(07-13-2019, 05:58 AM)Tiglath_Pilesar Wrote: Hello all, this is my first post here although I have been using PCSX2 for several years now. If this is the wrong place to post this please let me know. I have been trying to play the NTSC version of Ring of Red for about two days now and the game consistently crashes after the third mission ends. It plays the victory screen and all of the dialogue perfectly and then goes on to display a text cut scene which crashes after it gets to the second paragraph. I first tried various settings such as software and hardware mode and some of the game fixes on the current stable version of the emulator. On the wiki. one of the user mentioned using a 1.5 build to play from stat to finish, so I switched to one of the 1.5 builds that I downloaded a while ago and tried a bunch of settings still nothing has worked. I have tried loading from both save states and from a memory card and neither has helped. I have considered the option that the save might be corrupt, is this an issue that others have encountered? I would like to know before I wipe the save and start over.

This game is a very cool and unique SRPG that i would love to be able to play on my PC, so thanks in advance for any help.

My specs are:

Windows 10 64bit
Nvidia GTX 1070 8gb VRAM
32GB RAM
Intel i7-7700 3.60ghz 4 cores

Is there anything else that is relevant?
Try disabling widescreen patches (if they are on)  and enable skipmpeg hack.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I tired the skipmpeg hack and it did not work. Also I do not have any widescreen patches.

I can't post the contents of my emuLog here it keeps crashing my browser. I think that it is too much text. Do I need to post the whole thing or just part of it? Also it wont let me attache the text file, it says that is exceeds the attachment limit. Is there another way for me to share it?
(07-13-2019, 07:19 PM)Tiglath_Pilesar Wrote: I tired the skipmpeg hack and it did not work. Also I do not have any widescreen patches.
Post a savestate right before the crash point using latest dev build. You can upload it on any file sharing site like filedropper and share link here.