Road trip adventure help
Hm... if that is disturbing you you can try to use some speedhacks.

Another option would be to set the output mode of spu2-x to async mode instead of timestretch. Then you would not hear this stuttering anymore.

This effect can also be due to video recording. is your recorder running all the time?

Sponsored links

It wasn't the recorder, it does it without the recorder as well. But it also appears as if the FPS is dropping when played further and it doesn't actually drop in number.
Then try speedhacks as I have said. And see if that async mode is sufficient for you.
I got it working to near perfection now.

I switched to NTSC, the extra 10 FPS makes it feel a lot more responsive and smooth. I also had to switch my graphics to my GFX rather than my motherboard. Although switching a few speedhacks and async mode also helped big in the smoothing department.

Thanks for your help!
I would like to note that you likely will be unable to finish the Miner 49'er track.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Road-Trip...-Tag-Error
Without doing those two races you cannot progress and thus finish the game. This error does not occur on the PS2, weirdly. They say it's due to badly ripped ISOs on the internet, but i digress, it's not my place to know how or why.

If you want an alternative however, there's a game in the same style called ChoroQ which is also great.
The game is actually called ChoroQ HG 2 in Japan, it was rereleased as Road Trip in the US and Road Trip Adventure in Europe Tongue.
(05-03-2014, 03:29 AM)Snap Wrote: The game is actually called ChoroQ HG 2 in Japan, it was rereleased as Road Trip in the US and Road Trip Adventure in Europe Tongue.

I know it simply as ChoroQ and not only is the language english but the game is also completely different from Road Trip Adventure Tongue

Also can be finished without problems, besides a little lag occasionally, this game series seems to be having a little hitch with scaling, not sure why.