Robotech invasion, macross and Transformers
Hello, it is my first post here. I apologize for my English because I am from Argentina. I am pleased to announce that three of my favorite games of PS2, Robotech invasion, Macross (Sega) and transformers takara are complety playable on Pcsx2 emulator 0.9.7 and 0.98. My CPU is Phenom 2 x3, video card onboard (ati 3200). Of course in game they are running at 20-40 FPS but I have a low video card. If someone could test these games with a better video card....we will be able to know about the real performace of the pcsx2 emulator 0.9.8. Thank to all the staff.
I will wait for answers

Sponsored links

get a GPU that is not an onboard one and you will surely see the difference.
of course but I need to buy a new one, I am thinking in a ATI 6850 is around 200 dolars, What do you think?
Thanks
The easiest way to see what's slowing you down is looking at the GSDx window, if the EE % is high, your CPU is too slow. If GS % is high then your GPU is too slow.

If the GPU is your problem you may be able to get better speed by using native resolution or by using software mode (F9)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-05-2011, 10:18 AM)Koji Wrote: The easiest way to see what's slowing you down is looking at the GSDx window, if the EE % is high, your CPU is too slow. If GS % is high then your GPU is too slow.

If the GPU is your problem you may be able to get better speed by using native resolution or by using software mode (F9)

Today I tested my computer running Robotech invasion on Pcsx2 0.9.8, native ps2 resolution. My computer is a Phenom 2 x3 720 (2.8 Ghz) and ati 3200 video card onboard. I will write the EE% and GS% obtained for Robotech game.
Movie introduction (before menu): EE%:78 and GS%: 1-9 (very good speed)
In Menu: EE%: 95 and GS%: 65-80
In Game: EE%: 96 and GS%: 50-60 (40 FPS)
Could my results suggest that the problem is the microprocessor Phenon 2?
What do you think?
Thank you
a 6850 or 6870 should do just fine. The Phenom you have should be enough.
(05-05-2011, 04:56 PM)andutrache Wrote: a 6850 or 6870 should do just fine. The Phenom you have should be enough.

ok, I was a little worried because I should change my mother and micro. yes i will buy a new video card.
thank
if someone read this post, remember to update the compatibility listo and include Tranformers takara, robotech invasion and macross as working games (full playable).
thanks
Others full playable games are: Another century episode 1 and episode 3. I have played at full speed and they are very good!!
thanks
hello, new to the forums. agmolteni, can you let me know what settings you are using to play transformes takara? I assume you mean the JP only game? I am trying to play it directly from the disk, I get to the first cutscene where jazz and wheeljack wake up and then I just have a black screen. Maybe my GS Plugin settings are wrong? I'm using 0.9.8. Thanks