Rocky: Legends (E)
So I have this PAL version of the second Rocky game for PS2 now.
I had to try this emulator as soon as I got it, and it seems to run fine actually.

There are some problems that might be quite common in other games too, so maybe someone can help.

First:
There is training section in this game (like any other boxing game I think), and in one of them the point is to stay on the part of the floor that is green.

The problem is that there is no visible green shadow on the ground at all. All the other shadows seem to work fine (dark grey character shadows), just this green one in the training section is missing.

Second:
The characters seem to fall apart most of the time, the polygons seem to have hard time to connect properly, so some parts just get separated from other, like eyeballs float in mid air when the character moves his head fast. It looks hilarious and scary, but really isn't part of the game originally. Smile Sometimes the characters heads become decapitated also, heads floating in mid air. Smile

Thats pretty much it, other than that the game almost work like it was on real PS2.

Any common options that one should change to fix problems with colored shadows or messed up character models?

Thank you for every ideas you guys can give me.

My specs:
i5-4670
GTX780
8GB GDDR5

Sponsored links

software mode + 3 extra rendering threads ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-03-2014, 10:19 PM)jesalvein Wrote: software mode + 3 extra rendering threads ?
it's better not to jump to conclusion's without seeing his pcsx2 setting's. he might have used some non-default settings which might have produced the issue and it's better not to recommend op sw mode right off the bat since, sw mode is quite slower compared to hw mode even though, it fixes all the issue it causes a slow performance and forced native resolution.so it's wise to wait for the op to post his pcsx2 setting's and decide about it.

@fantsu
can you post your pcsx2 settings.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Thank you for quick replies guys.

I don't remember the version of the BIOS, but I think that it is 2.0. I'm pretty sure that it is extracted from my newer PS2 (I have two of them extracted). SCPH-500004, serial: FC5150468. It is PAL version.

I'm using the standard plugins:
GS: GSdx 0 0.1.16
SPU2: SPU2-X r5830 2.0.0
CDVD: cdvdGigaherz 0.9.0

Then the emulation settings:
EE/IOP, VUt and GS settings are untouched. No speedhacks either.
I have two fixes ON: EE and VIF1.

My GSdx settings are:
Adpater: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware)
Interlacing (F5): Auto
Custom scaling: Resolution 3840x2160
Enable Shade Boost: OFF
Enable FXAA: ON
Enable FX Shader: ON
Texture Filering: ON
Allow 8-bit Textures: ON
Enable HW Hacks: Half-pixel Offset, Aggressive-CRC, Alpha Stencil, NVIDIA Hack are ON, others are OFF.
Anisotropic Filtering ON, 16x
Edge Anti-aliasing (AA1): ON
try using dx9(hardware mode), and changing to default settings without any speedhacks. if that doesn't work try sw mode with 3 rendering threads as jesalvein said.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
sw with 3 rendering threads looks good of course. I still see some pixelation that didnt happen on real thing, but it is almost perfect.

dx9 with default settings fixed some problems, but added new ones.
the green shaded area was fixed, but loading screen got messed up this time.

The character heads still float strangely around.

There were some graphical errors on their clothes too, but I found out that FFX videofix repaired those ones altogether.

It seems that this game is pretty tough one to emulate perfectly, which is odd, because I didn't think it would be that complicated. Then again I know this game so well that I notice these things pretty easily. Someone who isn't familiar with Rocky:Legends, would probably never even see the things that pcsx2 does bad. Smile