Rogue Galaxy Inf Item Use Cheat
Sorry, posted a lengthy post first, but something went amiss. Going to sum it up as quick as possible. I have an Infinite Item Use code for the US verion of Rogue Galaxy, and while it doesn't deplete your items (specifically potions) when you use them, it doesn't update any other items you loot from chests, win in battle, or even buy from shops if you already have that item in inventory. Any insight anybody? Here is the line in the pnach file:

patch=1,EE,203D3884,word,00000000

Thanks. Smile

Sponsored links

Wow, the forum is almost all about cheat codes today Smile

Seems the code is doing what is supposed to do and not doing what it is not supposed maybe... read the original description (at the original source), you might be missing something yet.

PS: On a side note, although not wrong in the given example (OR could be very wrong), it shows the dangers of using the former descriptor method.

since the value is all zeroes is hard to tell if the original code is a byte, the code starting with 0 or indeed word, the code starting with 2 ... or everything already messed from having changed original code from 0 to 2 and putting word as "universal" descriptor as a lot of people have done historically (the original could be even a short and now the only way to be sure is getting the original and verifying)... hence the advise to use "extended" exclusively from now on.

Notice the difference is not cosmetic, byte code places only the last 2 digits at the value while "word" places all those digits (zeroes in the case) and probably erasing unwanted addresses contents.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Wow, interesting Ken. I don't profess to know a lot about pushing and poking (little assembler reference there Tongue) around memory addresses and even less so when it comes to manipulating the contents of it (i.e. cheat codes), but if I understand you correctly, you are saying the code could be clearing out the portion of memory that holds the items before they actually get placed in the inventory? If so, it makes sense. I'll try to look up where I originally got the code, but I did see the same exact one in a few places, so it would seem it is fairly common. Will update post with original source when found, in case anything can be found from it. Thanks for that insight!
(04-09-2013, 01:45 PM)DragonSyn Wrote: Wow, interesting Ken. I don't profess to know a lot about pushing and poking (little assembler reference there Tongue) around memory addresses and even less so when it comes to manipulating the contents of it (i.e. cheat codes), but if I understand you correctly, you are saying the code could be clearing out the portion of memory that holds the items before they actually get placed in the inventory? If so, it makes sense. I'll try to look up where I originally got the code, but I did see the same exact one in a few places, so it would seem it is fairly common. Will update post with original source when found, in case anything can be found from it. Thanks for that insight!
You got it right, it is like picking and poking indeed, then I know you already know the principles and that will help a lot from now on Smile

And then I know you can see what may have been changing all the way if got the code already "pnached"... but remember I'm just speculating, the advise is retrieving the original code, just to be on the secure side.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Hmm, there seems to be a bug on this site with previewing a post before submitting it. That's the second time I lost a post. No more previewing for me. Tongue

Anyhow, found the same thing on this site:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-pcsx2-can...nach-files

Looking at his pnach, at the section titled 'Infinite Item Usage' the only difference between his and mine is the 003D3884 compared to 203D3884 respectively. I'm gonna test this out in game and see if it has the desired effect. Will post back with results.

EDIT: No luck. Has the exact same effect that mine did. Will not deplete items, but it's impossible to loot any as well.This is really bugging me, because it really saved a lot of time and zhen running to the shop and buying potions, but doesn't completely break the game as, say, an infinite money cheat might. (Or even that 'Max Items When Removing From Storage"). Anyway, if any one out there has a cheat that allows you to use items without depleting them, yet will allow you to loot normally, I'd be really interested in it. Or maybe someone more experienced can modify this one to work that way. Thanks for the replies. Smile