Rogue Galaxy Lock up
So after the boss fight with SEED there's a cutscene. After the cutsene the screen remains black and in the logs this is displayed:

(EE pc:003A0784) TLB Miss, addr=0x4 [load]
(EE pc:003F5DB4) TLB Miss, addr=0x2 [load]
(EE pc:003F5DC0) TLB Miss, addr=0xc [load]

I'm playing on an ISO copy from the original I have. I erased the old ISO and cleaned the disc, and then re-ripped it but no avail.

Someone here said that it might be a dual-layered DVD problem but I don't see how this game is on a dual-layers DVD since it's only 3.14 GB big.

I'm running on the latest build 0.9.8. All the settings are at default except for the speed hacks. I'll be posting a screenshot.

These are my specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 940 Overclocked to 3.5GHz
Ati Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5
4 GB Ram DDR2 800
By the way, the game has been running fine up until that point in the game. Thanks in advance for the help Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Update: I tried build 0.9.9.4962 (svn) and no change :/
P.S. I didn't have this freezing problem on my original PS2. It appears that this game has that notorious porblem with some PS2s and my DVD drive is capable of reading dual-layered DVDs
maxed out all the speedhacks can break game!! try minimize it and see what happens.

and

if you have an exisiting cheat pnach disable it!!
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
The new build I just downloaded ran the game at completely default settings, so no speed hacks were used. Unfortunately no change at all.
there is something to do w/ that game disc can we see it on photo if it's exposed,crack,scratches,etc.
Ok let me find my camera. BTW I just played the final chapter on my ps2 and it works fine....weird.

I couldn't find my normal camera but I used my phone. Hopefully it's enough.

I used DVD Dr. to clean and buff out any scratches. it works fine on my ps2. just not on PCSX2 at that certain point in the game.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

*next time put date/time and your username in a piece a paper to avoid stolen photos that came from you.
*have you try the old/current pcsx2 official versions? 0.9.6 and r4600?? rather than SVNs
(11-14-2011, 08:15 AM)tallbender Wrote: *next time put date/time and your username in a piece a paper to avoid stolen photos that came from you.
*have you try the old/current pcsx2 official versions? 0.9.6 and r4600?? rather than SVNs

Ok thanks for the heads up. How to I put the date/time/and username on them. Do I change their name to that?

In my first post I ran under the official 0.9.8. Only recently did I update tthe 0.9.9. build. I'll try older versions and see. Thanks for the tips.
(11-14-2011, 08:24 AM)Nerodante Wrote: Ok thanks for the heads up. How to I put the date/time/and username on them. Do I change their name to that?

In my first post I ran under the official 0.9.8. Only recently did I update tthe 0.9.9. build. I'll try older versions and see. Thanks for the tips.

just like this screenshot.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Black-screen--24821

BTW
i think you need this
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.p...indows-x86

because i saw this
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ROGUE-gal...ash?page=2

and don't mind that .9.8 nor .9.9 thing just focus on r4xxx