Rogue Galaxy Stop after Rune mission
RE: ROGUE galaxy crash
Rogue Galaxy

[[[I have found a fix, which I give instructions on how to implement at Bottom of this, but I wanted to give the whole story as to what the problem was.]]]

Sorry for posting this in another thread, the thread seemed to be about the same problem, and I hated to make another for the same problem, but I will from now on make my own thread, I am very sorry.

I am having this problem it is after the rune is set into place, and game goes through about 2 video's and a battle, then 2 more video's, finishing with a chat in the captains cabin.

then video end's and instead of allowing you to continue is only Black screen, and the game does not continue.
I am using and ISO I made From my original disk with LCISOCreator.exe I tried remaking the ISO but to no avail.[ Or made no difference, but no error's when making the ISO]

FFX and FFX2, and many others I have played worked fine, but this one is a Plague for some reason.

Until this event though it worked flawlessly.. I really wanted to finish this one, I never finished it on my Playstation2, and it is a very interesting game, with a good story.

Running PCSX2 version 1.0.0-r5350

Intel64
i5-2550 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 4 core's 4 logical processors
DDR3 4096 x 2
Corsair
8 Gig total on system ram

Dual HD7770 AMD Radeon 1 Gig each total of 2 gig of Vid card Ram 9.012-121219a-152192C-ATI drivers

ASETEK 510LC 120MM WATERCOOLER

1TB SATA III 7200 3.5 HARD DRIVE

ASUS P8Z68-V LX INTEL Z68 CROSSFIRE DDR3 SATA 3 USB 3.0 LGA 1155

XTREMEGEAR 700 WATT POWER SUPPLY

WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM OS

this is what is reading out on my Log window.

Code:
Pagesplit @ 002BDFEC : size=5 insts
Protected page @ 0x0042f
Protected page @ 0x00369
Pagesplit @ 0041CFFC : size=1 insts
Protected page @ 0x002fc
Protected page @ 0x003e4
Protected page @ 0x003af
Protected page @ 0x003aa
Protected page @ 0x003ad
Protected page @ 0x003f5
Protected page @ 0x003f6
Protected page @ 0x003ae
Pagesplit @ 00310FFC : size=1 insts
Pagesplit @ 0030CFF8 : size=2 insts
Protected page @ 0x0030d
Protected page @ 0x0030f
Protected page @ 0x00301
Protected page @ 0x002e4
Protected page @ 0x00363
Pagesplit @ 00366FDC : size=9 insts
Protected page @ 0x00352
Protected page @ 0x002ff
Pagesplit @ 002E9FF0 : size=4 insts
Protected page @ 0x002ec
Protected page @ 0x002d2
Protected page @ 0x00287
padman: *** VBLANK OVERLAP ***

Would really be nice if some one knew a work around.

I finally figured out it was the dual layer quality of the disk that was causing the problem, I had only half the game in the ISO

If anyone else is having this problem with Rogue Galaxy then here is the fix, that worked for me.

1. make a new Iso with DVD Decrypter [Google it] set mode to [ISO "R"} in the mode menu of that program, and let it make your new ISO.

2. then run Toxic Dual Layer Image Patcher v1.0 [ Again Google It ] on the New ISO you just made.

3. The ISO should work fine from then on. it has for me.

Again I am very sorry for placing my problem in someone Else's thread

Sponsored links

ok.
to make it short :
- The first time you ripped it, you didn't rip both layers of your DVD
- so, you decided to use DVD decrypter. kind of an old version of imgburn, which we always recommend all around here.
- And finally applied toxic dual layer patch even if you succeded in ripping both layers ?

Glad it worked for you, but i wouldn't recommend this...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
some games when they have issues loading toxic fixes it, so I usually use it too. of course knowing what version this guy is using would help as well, as most issues with DL are fixed as well
I am sure imgburn is a very nice program, but last time I downloaded and installed it i got like 20 Malware item with it, even though I opted for the manual install, there were still a lot of junk installed anyway [ even though I unchecked all the junk ].

I might try again, but the packagers of the program tend to load it with junk you really don't want [ or the places I have found it did ].
No crapware here http://www.imgburn.com/ You probably got it from another source that modified the installer to add all that crapware/blaotware.
thx u, I will give that a try...

edited

Nope, thas where i got it last time..is same installer stuff that loaded me with Pup's of all kinds.