Rogue Galaxy disappearing text.
(11-15-2012, 07:19 AM)Dr Fumbles Wrote: Posted last reply in the wrong thread by mistake. I'm downloading 0.9.8 now and I'll try using that. Is there anyway I can back up my save game via either the states or actual saving so I don't need to redo the starting area to see if this works?

If that works it means only you have some setting wrong in the 1.x for it works well with the game.

Try deleting all the ini files and let the emulator rebuild them. You may want to make a copy of the original but the process of rebuilding them is not hard.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

Deleted all the .ini's and loaded the game back up but the problem is still there.

So, where is the file I need to back up to keep hold of my save games when I swap to version 0.9.8?
(11-15-2012, 07:31 AM)Dr Fumbles Wrote: Deleted all the .ini's and loaded the game back up but the problem is still there.

So, where is the file I need to back up to keep hold of my save games when I swap to version 0.9.8?

No, let it make the inis again, be aware the sstates probably wont work.

Edit: I meant to make the backup of the ini files themselves, not really necessary but is always a good measure.
Edit 2: did the emulator asked for configuration? if it doesn't you did not erase the correct ini files. But in the end I don't think is there the problem
I thought I did let it remake the .ini's? I deleted them all. Loaded up PCSX2 had to reselect the BIOS and go through the plugin window again. What am I missing here?

I didn't bother making a back up because even if I lost everything, it's not really that big a deal. Even the save game I'm trying to preserve would only save me about an hour. Although I wouldn't want to loose my Persona saves now that I think about it.
Tried playing from the disc if you are using an ISO or from an ISO if you are using the disc?
Out of curiosity I ran the game with GSDX9 and it worked fine in the version 1.

Good luck with the 0.98

Anyway, would be easier to help if you post your rig specs and the PCSX2 configuration. As it is we can only guess things.
The only settings that aren't default are attached images in the original post and the system specs are on the second page.

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4094 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ II X4 640 Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.012 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

I guess I'll just say screw the save files at this point and start from the beginning again. Again. I tried running it from the disc as well but there wasn't any change.

0.9.8 works and I found the folder for the memory cards so I could keep my saves. Still don't know why 1.0.0 didn't work, but I guess I doesn't matter much now. Thanks for the help and recommendations guys.
(11-15-2012, 07:57 AM)Dr Fumbles Wrote: The only settings that aren't default are attached images in the original post and the system specs are on the second page.

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4094 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ II X4 640 Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.012 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

I guess I'll just say screw the save files at this point and start from the beginning again. Again. I tried running it from the disc as well but there wasn't any change.

Indeed, the next thing that occurred to me was the possibility of a corrupt savegame, I hope you use to save the game in the memory card always it is possible, if not for other reason, to grant compatibility between PCSX2 versions. A memory card save has a chance of restoring the normality. SStates saves the corruption as well. Actually may be still in time to make a normal save and resume from it.
It defiantly wasn't a corrupt save game unless I got some really bad luck. After the game corrupted the first time I did a new install, with a new .iso, with a new version of PCSX2, with no save states and wasn't loading my old save games from the memory card.

Pretty unlikely that it corrupted in the exact same location twice, I think.
(11-15-2012, 08:20 AM)Dr Fumbles Wrote: It defiantly wasn't a corrupt save game unless I got some really bad luck. After the game corrupted the first time I did a new install, with a new .iso, with a new version of PCSX2, with no save states and wasn't loading my old save games from the memory card.

Pretty unlikely that it corrupted in the exact same location twice, I think.

Well, I can't imagine anything else anymore, the log states you have the cheats disabled, if you used them before it could be caused by a wrong code. Maybe your video card does not like the game although I don't know reports of this being the case for such symptom.