Rogue Galaxy fps issue (NTSC)
I am having issues where in rogue galaxy where my fps seriously gets hampered in battles to around 30-35fps and it gets seriously choppy.

My specs are in my signature and I was originally running my e8400 at 3.4ghz, I then overclocked it to 4.0 and it didn't make any difference.

I have tried using the various gsdx with dx10 hardware with native and 1024x1024.

Just wondering if anyone can actually help with this or is there no way and its just the way the game is emulated. I also have no speed hacks running.

Sponsored links

no thoughts?

Please learn to post your config before asking such questions.
Pcsx2 versions: 0.9.6 and rev872

Cpu options selected: EERec, VU0Rec, VU1Rec, MTGS

Plugins used: Gsdx 868 SSE41 0.1.14 and Gsdx 890 SSE41(dx10 hardware + native on both)
SPU2-X 1.1.0
SSSPSX Pad 1.7.0
Linuz ISO CDVD 0.8.0

Speed Hacks: None

Special Game Fixes: None

Hope thats a proper way of posting my config :/ sorry im new here.

Well, try some speedhacks and see if it gets better.
ill give it a go and see what happens
the x2 cycle rate helped my fps but its still really choppy its like it freezes for a couple seconds and then starts to move.

yes I have the same problems, I got a Q6600 2.7 Ghz, 2GB RAM and 4850 ATI...I wonder wether someone has a good config for this game.
I would try to help, but I just tried to rip an ISO of the game and learned my copy is damaged (gives read errors). How fun, gotta go buy the game again...
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
(04-08-2009, 01:43 AM)With Teeth Wrote: I would try to help, but I just tried to rip an ISO of the game and learned my copy is damaged (gives read errors). How fun, gotta go buy the game again...

Before you go and buy another copy, make sure your DVD drive can read dual-layer discs. I've got no idea if all drives can read dual layer or not, but I know Rogue Galaxy is dual layer (mine came to 7.9GB when I ripped it) so it may be worth checking. Probably a non-issue, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Otherwise try physically repairing the disc, worth a shot.
i7 6700k @4.5GHz | Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB | 32GB Corsair DDR4 RAM | Windows 10 64-bit
Yep, it's dual layer. I've ripped a couple of those before, Xenosaga, Oblivion, Fallout 3... etc. Thanks for the advice, but it's a disc problem. Turns out it freezes when played on a regular PS2 even... oh well, if I can find a cheap copy I'll re-buy for sure.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\