Rogue Galaxy not getting as much performance as I should?
(03-04-2013, 06:29 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Worthy a try is putting Windows at a performance power save plan. I'm pretty sure GPU is not the problem there, least yet the CPU. The low load figures points to it.
Edit: What I mean is Windows and Intel have a problem identifying the correct load on the system, so they reduce the CPU clock what makes the system looking still more unloaded since EE loses output to feed GS... rinse, repeat.

On the other side, supposing the GPU is the problem, why simply don't reducing the upscale?

CPU is not downclocking (roughly 4150 atm) and 30% load while running this at 2x scaling. According to process explorer, gpu usage is at 73% in the King's tomb on juraika.

PCSX2 reports EE 43% and GS 27%, VU is 17%

Putting it to 3x scaling which looks superb on 1200p, the gpu usage jumps to 100% and cpu drops to 28% and PCSX2 reports 40%, 25%, 12% or so.

As for reducing the scaling, I don't go below 2x at 1080p or else it looks like *****. At that point, I might as well just play on the ps2. I'd rather reduce the res than deal with drops below 50-55fps
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764

Sponsored links

(03-04-2013, 10:46 PM)Gvaz Wrote: CPU is not downclocking (roughly 4150 atm) and 30% load while running this at 2x scaling. According to process explorer, gpu usage is at 73% in the King's tomb on juraika.

Putting it to 3x scaling which looks superb on 1200p, the gpu usage jumps to 100% and cpu drops to 28% and PCSX2 reports 40%, 25%, 12% or so.

As for reducing the scaling, I don't go below 2x at 1080p or else it looks like *****. At that point, I might as well just play on the ps2. I'd rather reduce the res than deal with drops below 50-55fps

its the gpu, the cpu usage goes down cause the gpu is maxed already. Rogue galaxy is a demanding game on the gpu either get better gpu lower the scale or play it on the ps2, those are your options
(03-04-2013, 10:46 PM)Gvaz Wrote: CPU is not downclocking (roughly 4150 atm) and 30% load while running this at 2x scaling. According to process explorer, gpu usage is at 73% in the King's tomb on juraika.

That's confuse, either you have custom upscale (1920x1080 in your case) or have multiplier, it's not something like 2x 1920 but 2x the native resolution. once you chose the multiplier the custom input is grayed out.

But yes, I misunderstood the first post, it's strange I had less problems with that game with an AMD CPU clocked lower.

PS: maybe is the OC itself the problem.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Not really. I can play Tales of Legendia @ 3x with little to no slowdown in HW mode, and I couldn't do that on my AMD cpu at all.
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
The problem is the GPU is to weak for this game at anything higher then 2x and there is nothing that can really be done about it short of getting a better GPU. Those stats in the PCSX2 window only show the CPU stuff and nothing about how full the GPU is so they are useless for determining if you are gpu bottlenecked which the OP is in in this case. The GPU just isn't enough for this game at 3x+. The CPU is great for this emulator and is able to handle most/all games at at least native mode. Its when you toss in resolution increases that start to bog down the system/gpu if you are using an older gpu like this.I have the same CPU overclocked to 4ghz and I have no problems with my GTX 660 ti which is a better card then the ATI 4890 and I bet I would have no problems with this game at 3x up to maybe 5x. So the only solution there is in this case is to get a better GPU if you want to run this game at a higher resolution which is what you are doing by using the 3x option.
200% sure it's the GPU issue. GPU reqs. stop at a gtx 570 level last time i checked Smile