Rollercoaster World - No Text (Windows 8)
This doesn't happen on Windows 7, but it does on Windows 8...
Is there a Windows 8 Compatible version of PCSX2 Coming soon?

(The ISO isn't missing any files, I added it to Dropbox, straight from Windows 7. I have 2 Laptops. My Copy of Rollercoaster World is legit, I got it from Amazon last year. I added all files from the disk to a newly created ISO last year too. No problems when I ran it.)

It might just be a few bugs in the new version, I have 0.98 on Windows 7 and 1.00 on Windows 8.

Sponsored links

(07-28-2013, 12:58 AM)Blayer98 Wrote: This doesn't happen on Windows 7, but it does on Windows 8...
Is there a Windows 8 Compatible version of PCSX2 Coming soon?

(The ISO isn't missing any files, I added it to Dropbox, straight from Windows 7. I have 2 Laptops. My Copy of Rollercoaster World is legit, I got it from Amazon last year. I added all files from the disk to a newly created ISO last year too. No problems when I ran it.)

It might just be a few bugs in the new version, I have 0.98 on Windows 7 and 1.00 on Windows 8.

There shouldn't be any difference between running the emu on win7 and win8... Something must be setup differently in the emulator itself. The fact that they are different versions may also be the cause (a regression).

First things first, try running the game in software mode (f9).
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-28-2013, 01:12 AM)Koji Wrote: There shouldn't be any difference between running the emu on win7 and win8... Something must be setup differently in the emulator itself. The fact that they are different versions may also be the cause (a regression).

First things first, try running the game in software mode (f9).

Thanks a lot! It works! I'm not sure why it lags so much during intro and main menu while in software mode...

(07-28-2013, 01:28 AM)Blayer98 Wrote: Thanks a lot! It works! I'm not sure why it lags so much during intro and main menu while in software mode...

And some sounds are not heard, such as the coaster moving, screams, and when it rolls into the station, there's also added sound effects for the first coaster in the game, they don't play either. With and without Software mode.