Rom Hacks and Widescreen patches
I haven't seen a single forum or thread anywhere on this topic, I like to mod my ps2 isos and experiment with different patches and rom hacks, for example, Persona 3 Undub, Persona 4 Undub, Nocturne Chronicles Edition, Nocturne Hard Mode, and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix English patch.
the problem is, whenever I do rom hack these isos the widescreen patch doesn't seem to work on them with the exception of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. 
I don't know if this is specifically a problem with Megami Tensei isos or what, but I can't seem to get widescreen patches to work on modded versions of them.

Sponsored links

those mods you used tend to modify the game's structure.
means the digits that need to be modified by the widescreen hack aren't the same anymore.

You have to re-make a widescreen hack for your modded game with new hex values.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
lol, I swear I always post things on forums and then immediately figure out how to do the thing I'm questioning. So I'll kind of answer my own question for anyone that needs the answer. So 1.4.0 and up automatically widescreen patch most games if you enable widescreen patches. And all the widescreen patches that the emulator uses automatically are in the zip file that is located here https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wi...#pid271674

If you rom hack a game it will most likely change the pnatch file ID, so all you have to do to find that is launch the game on your emulator with then show the console, then look for "Not found Cheats file" Then next to it should be a file location, example here -> "\PCSX2\cheats\PNACHIDHERE" Then you'll want to get the widescreen patch from the forum I linked, rename it to the pnach ID on the console, then put it in your cheats_ws folder and make sure to enable widescreen patches.

I can also make a video tutorial if necessary.
1 - that won't work for every single game.
2- expect crashes/glitches that will make some games unplayable
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go