Run CD/DVD vs. Run ISO Image?
(02-03-2010, 03:27 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yes, 0.9.8.
BTW quote is used like this : [ quote ] and to close it [ / quote ] (without the spaces Tongue)

thanks for that also Oo
well i know i cant ask for dates so i am ask in a bigger range. in what quarter of 2010 0.9.8 or the 0.9.7 beta (the one u guys will release Smile ) will be released? (sorry if its out of topic i will not continue it Tongue )
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest

Sponsored links

(02-03-2010, 03:14 PM)Bositman Wrote: The recent ISO list reduces the time it takes to select a game dramatically.

last time i checked svn...
to make this feature more reliable, pcsx2 need to check the existance of ISOs in this list.
I did some reorganization and renaming of my ISOs and found duplicates and "broken" entries in this list which made it COMPLETELY unusable.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
No idea. You can never know, since you could be like days before a release, discover a hard to fix critical bug and postpone it for a month or so. People who are interested can already compile it from the SVN anyway.

Quote:o make this feature more reliable, pcsx2 need to check the existance of ISOs in this list.
I did some reorganization and renaming of my ISOs and found duplicates and "broken" entries in this list which made it COMPLETELY unusable.
Maybe, but still, that happens once. Except if you like renaming all your ISOs each day, you just browse a couple of times and the list is updated again. If you're so lazy, code it yourself or something so it also makes coffee for you.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
"If you're so lazy"

this is not fair argument. Someone changed ISO loading trying to make it easier and faster. I am just telling you that it can be harder and slower in some circumstances. You can ignore it or improve it. (i can live with it either way. Only game performance really matters). And i am no coder to do it myself.

ps.
i did not undersand "browse couple of times"..i need to run dozen of different games before broken entries will become "old" and disappear. And shadow of every recently deleted iso will be there for some time too.
maybe adding an option to use a selected folder for auto making the iso list from that folder? with a refresh option or an auto refresh Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(02-03-2010, 03:36 PM)tohdom Wrote: to make this feature more reliable, pcsx2 need to check the existance of ISOs in this list.

Yes, I already knew about this. It is planned. I hadn't bothered with it sooner since I figure most svn users know how to edit an INI file.

tohdom Wrote:this is not fair argument. Someone changed ISO loading trying to make it easier and faster. I am just telling you that it can be harder and slower in some circumstances.

This is not entirely true. Being easier and faster wasn't my primary goal. The interface was actually increased in complication, to allow for more refined control in hot-swapping discs. Finding a nice way to work with both a CDVD plugin and a built in CDVD source was awkward as well. So in the end my goal was to just not overly complicate it and, hopefully, offset added complications with conveniences like recent ISO lists. My third goal was to get rid of the odd ambiguities on how to boot into the BIOS, which the NoDisc option does nicely... and it makes more sense too, at least for anyone who knows a thing or two about their own PS2: Boot without a disc is how you get the BIOS menu on the Real Thing. Wink

The ideal solution is a full-blown built-in ISO browser that auto-magically queries a customizable list of source folders and a recent list, and then queries the plugin also for whatever it's configured to display. That, however, is much work, and would delay things in 0.9.7 / 0.9.8 by months. So I've intentionally avoided it. However, that is the original main intent of having the built in ISO loader -- it's just that there are many steps to reach that grand final result Sad

(least with me in charge of GUI -- I'm a slow gui coder)
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Air, i am happy to know that you know that current loader is not ideal and will be improved someday.
I was worried that the current version of loader is "the best you can do" (no offence, just cant think of the right words to express my thought)