Run>Execute = Crash
Dunno if this is a bug or just an issue with my config.
The emulator crashes right after the "sony computer entertainment" intro (right before the playstation 2 logo).

I cannot launch any games using this procedure.
I have to File>Run CD/DVD in order to get anything working (even ISO files).

Is this normal in ver0.9.6?

Sponsored links

have you configured your cd/dvd plugin
If you are using a ISO use Linuzz appz ISO plugin and in its config. browse and select your ISO file.
(03-02-2009, 10:58 AM)redlof Wrote: have you configured your cd/dvd plugin
If you are using a ISO use Linuzz appz ISO plugin and in its config. browse and select your ISO file.

Yes I configured the CD/DVD plugins.
Used Linuz for ISOs and Gigahertz for booting directly from DVDs.

No matter which one I use, I simply cannot use the Run>Execute command
without crashing the emulator.

Oh btw, *nice* font color you chose there.... Blink
Make sure you have properly set your BIOS directory,you have no speed hacks enabled and you have defaults in advanced menu.
Enable console to see what's wrong too.
redlof is probably using the dark theme oblivious that some people still use the default one Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-02-2009, 11:58 AM)sandrodz Wrote:
(03-02-2009, 10:58 AM)redlof Wrote: have you configured your cd/dvd plugin

Yes I configured the CD/DVD plugins.
Used Linuz for ISOs and Gigahertz for booting directly from DVDs.

No matter which one I use, I simply cannot use the Run>Execute command
without crashing the emulator.

Oh btw, *nice* font color you chose there.... Blink
sorry I forgot to mention, try using file>run cd/dvd
(03-02-2009, 12:00 PM)Bositman Wrote: Make sure you have properly set your BIOS directory,you have no speed hacks enabled and you have defaults in advanced menu.
Enable console to see what's wrong too.
redlof is probably using the dark theme oblivious that some people still use the default one Tongue
I will now use the default color as others with default theme would find it difficult to see the text in blue.
(03-02-2009, 10:48 AM)sandrodz Wrote: Dunno if this is a bug or just an issue with my config.
The emulator crashes right after the "sony computer entertainment" intro (right before the playstation 2 logo).

I cannot launch any games using this procedure.
I have to File>Run CD/DVD in order to get anything working (even ISO files).

Is this normal in ver0.9.6?

I had the same issue. It looks like a gsdx error. I had to swith to zerogs, configure ps2 bios (time zone, daylight savings, format memcards). After this, pcsx2 0.9.6 worked flawlessly with gsdx.
Asus M2N-E
Amd Phenom II X4 945 3000 MHz
Ati Radeon HD 4850 512MB
4 GB Ram
Quote:I had the same issue. It looks like a gsdx error. I had to swith to zerogs, configure ps2 bios (time zone, daylight savings, format memcards). After this, pcsx2 0.9.6 worked flawlessly with gsdx.

Great! That sure fixed it!
It really does seem like a GSDX plugin bug.
If the Bios is not configured, it will crash upon Run>execute command.

Just as you said, after configuring the Bios using the ZeroGS plugin, all works perfect.

Thanks for the help!
Yes this is a long-standing Gsdx bug. Gsdx has never been able to perform a first-time-boot of the bios with Hardware acceleration enabled. It might be a DX9 specific bug, I'm not sure. In any case, using Gsdx software or ZeroGS will get you past it. And once you've booted the bios once, the bug won't happen anymore. Odd, eh? Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Lol XD Closed and moved since it's nt an emulator bug,but saved in the general discussion forum for future reference XD