Run Like Hell Graphic Problem
Does ZeroGS does it too? If not that narrows down where we have to look
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(05-09-2013, 01:46 PM)refraction Wrote: Does ZeroGS does it too? If not that narrows down where we have to look

Alright, just tried ZeroGS in the plugins, and it still does it.
okay so the problem is unlikely to be on the GS plugin... One last thing to try, can you play with the rounding modes for the VU and EE and see if anything changes?

Thanks for helping test Smile

(05-09-2013, 08:28 PM)refraction Wrote: okay so the problem is unlikely to be on the GS plugin... One last thing to try, can you play with the rounding modes for the VU and EE and see if anything changes?

Thanks for helping test Smile

alright, None of it worked. Tried all variation in rounding modes. Also, I'm glad to do anything to help!
well im definitely stumped ;p We either have a texture co-ordinate error which is the same in both GS plugins, or both VU's make the same mistake, or it's a bug we haven't found yet...

(05-09-2013, 10:42 PM)refraction Wrote: well im definitely stumped ;p We either have a texture co-ordinate error which is the same in both GS plugins, or both VU's make the same mistake, or it's a bug we haven't found yet...

Want me to make another video of it for reference? Or would something pop up in the emulog?
I have the game these days and I already looked at it from a hacking day standpoint Tongue2
The problem is either a VU or FPU calculation error, one that doesn't improve by any of
the regular checks (interpreters, various defines in the emu, all round/clamp modes).
Therefore I think it's in the same class of problem as Grandia 2 battles for example.
(and not the problem we think we identified with Ace Combat 5)

This may get fixed by further improvements to the VU's / FPU some day but right now there's nothing
an end user can do to fix it.
I wonder if the PS3 emu gets it right ;p

I'd say 50/50 that it has similar problems, just as with Grandia 2 as well Tongue2
Well, I'll just keep checking the latest SVN's. Who knows. I might get lucky.