Running 100% but still noticing frame drops
if speedhacks are activated, they can fake the fps counter.
Else, it would be a good idea to check on your PS2 if those frame drops are noticeable (I don't have those games, can't check)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Quote:Any reason why the frame drops wouldn't be registering in the status bar?

Technically the value displayed on the GS Frame title bar is the Vsync rate (AKA VPS) not the internal frames per second.

As jesalvein said earlier , are you sure that the PS2 didn't have those drops ? If they did, it would be worth to increase the EE Cyclerate value to +1/+2 value. (it increases the virtual clockspeed of the R5900)
(07-23-2016, 09:31 AM)ssakash Wrote: Technically the value displayed on the GS Frame title bar is the Vsync rate (AKA VPS) not the internal frames per second.

As jesalvein said earlier , are you sure that the PS2 didn't have those drops ? If they did, it would be worth to increase the EE Cyclerate value to +1/+2 value. (it increases the virtual clockspeed of the R5900)

Unfortunately the optical drive in my PS2 is kaput. I don't remember either of these games having this issue on actual hardware, but it's been several years since then. I'll try adjusting the EE Cyclerate as you suggested. If that doesn't work, I suppose I'll just live with it. Thanks for the help! I'll let you know if it works out.
(07-23-2016, 09:31 AM)ssakash Wrote: Technically the value displayed on the GS Frame title bar is the Vsync rate (AKA VPS) not the internal frames per second.

I tried increasing the EE Cyclerate value to both +1 and +2. Neither solved the problem with either game. I was hoping it was an easily fixable common issue or something, but I guess that's just where the emulation is at the moment. Anyway, thanks again for trying!
well, you can try the latest buid and see how that fares for you. (1.4.0 is pretty outdated since current builds are above 1.5.0-xxxx)
Also make sure your drivers and VC++2015 x86 and x64 are up to date. Bear in mind that some PS2 games will have frame drops in the console counterpart from poor optimization (take Enter the matrix as an example). Sometimes emulation will get it running smoother than it's console counterpart, but sometimes it will get it worse....that's just how the cookie crumbles.

Best of luck and PEACE!!!