Running Dynasty Warriors 4
If your ee and vu sliders is 0 then put both to 2 if its already to 2 then put both on 0 it will give you the speedincrese.
+ use native resolution.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  

Sponsored links

The Koei Warriors games don't seem to enjoy any of the EE/VU hacks, so I always keep those sliders at 0 (PS2 default, in a sense) for stability.

That said, your CPU is clocked too low to get fullspeed with lots of enemies on screen. It would need to be overclocked much further than 2.8ghz to get 60fps at all times on this game.
(11-02-2013, 04:40 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: If your ee and vu sliders is 0 then put both to 2 if its already to 2 then put both on 0 it will give you the speedincrese.
+ use native resolution.

i have tried with it of and with it at 2 and 1 so it can't be that. It is only when there is a lot of action. I don't understand how my graphic card could be worse than the ps2 since it was pretty expensive andn the ps2 is quite old.
Mabye dynasty warriors is not compatible with this emulator.

(11-02-2013, 05:29 PM)NarooN Wrote: The Koei Warriors games don't seem to enjoy any of the EE/VU hacks, so I always keep those sliders at 0 (PS2 default, in a sense) for stability.

That said, your CPU is clocked too low to get fullspeed with lots of enemies on screen. It would need to be overclocked much further than 2.8ghz to get 60fps at all times on this game.

Yeah i have tried it set to 0 no difference. i also tried switching the speedhacks of entirely, that didn't help either.

Okay when i play the FPS drops to 30 but at the pause menu it is at 100. ee jumps to 90% from 50% when it lags and GS stays at 15-30%
(11-02-2013, 05:29 PM)NarooN Wrote: The Koei Warriors games don't seem to enjoy any of the EE/VU hacks, so I always keep those sliders at 0 (PS2 default, in a sense) for stability.

How would i overclock? NVM i spoke to my brother and he said i shouldn't overclock my PC as it is a custom Alienware and i might ruin the bios.
No offense but what your brother said makes no sense, lol. I don't see how you could ruin the BIOS by overclocking, which is something that is usually done /from/ the BIOS, lol. The only thing you could possibly damage by overclocking your CPU is the CPU itself, but you'd have to do something crazy like pump ridiculous voltage into it or something. Alienware should allow you to overclock, but I have no experience with them (prefer to modify and build my own stuff). You can search for overclock guides for your CPU to get help.
(11-02-2013, 10:31 PM)NarooN Wrote: No offense but what your brother said makes no sense, lol. I don't see how you could ruin the BIOS by overclocking, which is something that is usually done /from/ the BIOS, lol. The only thing you could possibly damage by overclocking your CPU is the CPU itself, but you'd have to do something crazy like pump ridiculous voltage into it or something. Alienware should allow you to overclock, but I have no experience with them (prefer to modify and build my own stuff). You can search for overclock guides for your CPU to get help.

Wasnt his exact words im pretty computer illiterate he said "it could f*ck my PC"

Also if overclocking is the problem i will probably just give up all i wanted was save states and upscaling for older games.
Could it be because i am using the disk instead of an iso?
Generally you would get a more stable experience if you burned your disc into an ISO, yeah. No guarantees for a huge speed boost in game though.

Ah, your brother probably said it'd mess up your PC since you don't have any experience with OC'ing, lol. If it's an Alienware, I would assume it already has a decent CPU cooler so you should be able to OC the processor a decent bit. I don't have any experience with Nehalem-architecture processors, so I don't know what you could expect as a max OC for it, but I guess if you don't wanna do that you could just play it on your PS2. Wink
(11-03-2013, 05:07 AM)NarooN Wrote: Generally you would get a more stable experience if you burned your disc into an ISO, yeah. No guarantees for a huge speed boost in game though.

Ah, your brother probably said it'd mess up your PC since you don't have any experience with OC'ing, lol. If it's an Alienware, I would assume it already has a decent CPU cooler so you should be able to OC the processor a decent bit. I don't have any experience with Nehalem-architecture processors, so I don't know what you could expect as a max OC for it, but I guess if you don't wanna do that you could just play it on your PS2. Wink

Thanks anyway. I might try burning it if not i will stick to ps2.
I'm a little late to the party, but I would like to point out you just lied to everybody. your original post actually said

Quote:I have downloaded PCSX2 with the BIOS - i have a working ps2 so the bios is legit.

This is how it was quoted by coornio, you then edited your post (yes we can see this) so it just said

Quote:I have downloaded PCSX2

So yeh, you did say you downloaded a BIOS. However if you own a PS2 it is suggested you get it from that. The warning and close was justified.

Anyhow, I'm assuming you have already done this, so yes make an ISO of your game using http://www.imgburn.com and that should improve speed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]