Running Shadow of the Colossus
I'm trying to play shadow of the colossus, but its very laggy. Like 2 fps. I read somewhere that speed hacks help with this, but when i go to plugin configuration, there is nothing listed under hacks. If someone could tell me where to get speed hacks or any other way to improve the fps, i would appreciate it.

Sponsored links

On the toolbar there should be a tab with config, on the bottom it says speed hacks
Vu cylce stealing is a speedhack that works well with this game.
keep in mind it's a VERY demanding game anyways, and your PC specs hav to be far better than the recommended requirements to get playable speeds.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-15-2010, 10:57 AM)MaiaTan Wrote: On the toolbar there should be a tab with config, on the bottom it says speed hacks

I don't see it. I'm using 9.7 if that helps.
(11-15-2010, 11:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Vu cylce stealing is a speedhack that works well with this game.
keep in mind it's a VERY demanding game anyways, and your PC specs hav to be far better than the recommended requirements to get playable speeds.

How would i get to it? And yes, it is a demanding game. but my pc is more than capable of running it. I'm very new to this so I just need a little help.
(11-15-2010, 10:57 AM)MaiaTan Wrote: On the toolbar there should be a tab with config, on the bottom it says speed hacks

Thats with the older 9.6 version. In 9.7 you go to Config>Emulation Settings then the Speedhacks tab to the far right.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
2fps?? are you running in interpreter mode? thats extremely slow, even for a slow pc! id expect double figures at least..

What spec is your machine? Also have you checked all recompilers are on?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-15-2010, 11:19 AM)GamerGeek Wrote:

Thats with the older 9.6 version. In 9.7 you go to Config>Emulation Settings then the Speedhacks tab to the far right.

Thank you! it seems to help a tad. up to about 8 fps now.
(11-15-2010, 11:20 AM)refraction Wrote: 2fps?? are you running in interpreter mode? thats extremely slow, even for a slow pc! id expect double figures at least..

What spec is your machine? Also have you checked all recompilers are on?

Its not running in interpreter. Im pretty sure all recompilers are on.

As for my machine, I play bioshock and Gears of war on it. I think it can handle a ps2 game, even if it is SotC.
(11-15-2010, 11:38 AM)javid dalbrecht Wrote: As for my machine, I play bioshock and Gears of war on it. I think it can handle a ps2 game, even if it is SotC.

You cant compare pc games to emulated games, least of all pcsx2. Even my specs cant play all games and my rig is quite powerful for pcsx2.

Edit: Bioshock and GoW both have very low requirements and says little to nothing on how strong your pc actually is.
Specs:
(11-15-2010, 11:42 AM)GamerGeek Wrote:
(11-15-2010, 11:38 AM)javid dalbrecht Wrote: As for my machine, I play bioshock and Gears of war on it. I think it can handle a ps2 game, even if it is SotC.

You cant compare pc games to emulated games, least of all pcsx2. Even my specs cant play all games and my rig is quite powerful for pcsx2.

Edit: Bioshock and GoW both have very low requirements and says little to nothing on how strong your pc actually is.

In that case, its probably my processor. I have an i5. Its fine on other games, maybe SotC is just too much.
Whats the Ghz? I5 is a recent cpu and should be fine if the ghz is high enough.
Specs: