Running at about 50%?
New laptop, did a fresh install of PCSX2. Had it running at about 90% on the previous (now broken) machine, trying to get back the performance.

New laptop specs:
Intel i7 6700HQ
NVidia GTX 960M
Windows 10 x64
8G Memory

PCSX2 Config:
MTVU checked
EE set to 2
VU set to 1

GSDX32-AVX2
Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware)
Internal Resolution: 3x Native

That's about as far as I've set anything beyond the default.

Sponsored links

Since it is a new laptop did you check to make sure windows/intel/[insert manufacturer here]'s power saving features are disabled and your processor is able to flex it's might. Also since it is new it wouldn't hurt to use MSI afterburner to monitor the CPU/GPU performance and temperature (at least until you know how the laptop generally likes to react).
(05-08-2017, 05:03 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Since it is a new laptop did you check to make sure windows/intel/[insert manufacturer here]'s power saving features are disabled and your processor is able to flex it's might. Also since it is new it wouldn't hurt to use MSI afterburner to monitor the CPU/GPU performance and temperature (at least until you know how the laptop generally likes to react).

I did not think to do any of that. I did get it to run Dolphin (playing Melee) at 98% so I guess I assumed it's down to the settings in PCSX2
It might be down to the settings of PCSX2 but out of habit I always tend to come at issues by eliminating all extra variables first just in case.

I would be curious to know the temps, clocks and usage of your CPU and GPU while running a game at about 50%. Also a run at EE and VU stock just to see what the performance is with out the change would nice with the same temps/clocks/usage.
A boot with stock EE and VU is running at 100%, but not in a situation to test actual gameplay ATM (testing on .hack Infection). Tomorrow I might be back after a solid test run through a dungeon with a report on in-game performance.
Ran a few test runs with MSIBurner open, got screenshots of 2 games. All with EE and VU at stock (0).

Funnily enough, .hack is running fine (100%) during proper gameplay but during the "desktop" portion and at the title screen I get 50%.

Chaos legion is 50% all the time, though the wiki says it should be possible to get that working at full speed.

Sony screen (plays as soon as a PS2 is turned on) also plays at half.

Screenshots are attached. Laptop is barely warm at all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

what do the ee% & gs% say when it's slow ?
monitoring your gpu is an idea, but did you try to monitor your cpu ?
I think it could be the main culprit
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I don't think it's ideal to run PCSX2 with your laptop unplugged, please plug it for ideal performance. Also right click your battery icon at the lower right and go to the "power options" settings to make sure that your laptop is set to high performance plan.

Also as Jesalvein had pointed out earlier, I also feel the culprit is your CPU.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
EE and GS for the same test runs:

.Hack main menu/desktop: 10% and 7%, roughly
.Hack main gameplay: About 30% and 20%, though with larger variation.

Chaos Legion: About 15-25% and <7%.

If this does indicate the CPU, I haven't done anything to it so it's probably not overclocked. Not sure how to overclock it either. Kind of used to running my hardware at default settings.
I fixed it. Disabled VSynch in the NVidia Control Panel, and while my temp went up by about 5 degrees it's still below 60 C, which apparently is more than safe.

I get full 100% on the emulator now, framerates usually +/-1 or less from 60 for both games (the last games I really play for PS2 that haven't been remastered).