Running at very low FPS -- can I get it to run faster?
Here's a pic of my config, my PC performance info and the bar that shows on top of PCSX2:

[Image: doinitwrong.png]

As you can see, it's running at about 50% FPS;
Can my PC make it go faster?

Is there any plugin/config setting that can make it so?

--thanks

Sponsored links

It should depend on the game being tried, PS2 games are like PC games, each with their own demands in hardware power.

Still that CPU is too slow for almost any game over there and not even speed hacks will help that much. Heavy overclock can help a bit but I wouldn't count on it.

PCSX2 is a very demanding application that has to 'translate' each and every PS2 instruction to something the PC understand, add to it the game own demand and the picture is ugly for older and weaker machines, not much that can be done about this.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Speaking of performance, I can run many games at 60 fps. But God of War does not run at maximum. I'll post a picture of what is my speed hacks, which will be changing any settings the fps will go up? Thank you = P.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4039/semttulodvo.jpg
[Image: 41639000.jpg]
(08-28-2010, 05:44 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: It should depend on the game being tried, PS2 games are like PC games, each with their own demands in hardware power.

Still that CPU is too slow for almost any game over there and not even speed hacks will help that much. Heavy overclock can help a bit but I wouldn't count on it.

PCSX2 is a very demanding application that has to 'translate' each and every PS2 instruction to something the PC understand, add to it the game own demand and the picture is ugly for older and weaker machines, not much that can be done about this.

Hmm. yes; I'm trying to run Naruto PS2 games (mostly Ultimate Ninja 3 and Accel 2); my friend gets them to work fine on a 2.4 Ghz in Dual Core, so I was thinking 1.8 Intel Duo wouldn't be that bad Huh

Well, thanks for the answers Smile

Sorry if this was posted in the wrong section, btw

(08-28-2010, 07:38 PM)johnsaints Wrote: Speaking of performance, I can run many games at 60 fps. But God of War does not run at maximum. I'll post a picture of what is my speed hacks, which will be changing any settings the fps will go up? Thank you = P.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4039/semttulodvo.jpg

native in gsdx all speed hacks on (only recmonded one) the up ones are 3 frame skipping set to skip and draw to 10
I would try the lates 0.9.7 beta with the August 2010 Plugin pack. The newer GSdx revisions are more optimized and run faster.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
FFX runs like this for me without speedhacks and the normal floating point rounding and clamping settings...
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin