Running backed up ps2 games- Slowness/ Constant hangs
My ps2 is getting very old and i have many ps2 copies i have made and am trying to run them on the pc using this emulator.

I haven't tried an iso yet but i could rather run them from the disk.

So far all of the games are loading without a hitch and from the ones i've tried the intro's/ menu etc are all fine. When i play the game however there are cases of proper slow motion, textures loading slowly and changing from normal to some crazy colours. On other games which seems to be more common is that everything is fine textures and all however every 5-20 seconds the game will hang and the disk will suddenly spin up before continuing again fine for another 5-20 seconds.

My specs.
Windows 7
4gb RAM
intel core quad 2.33
radeon HD7870

The settings on the emulator are at a default level but i have played around with speedhacks and the framerates etc but none have had any effect.

I don't specifically know what to play with to solve different issues,
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards.

Sponsored links

2.33 ghz is weak for pcsx2
Which game(s) are you trying to run ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well just a couple of test games to see how well it worked First was Ratchet and Clank 2 which had the slow motion and texture issues, then i tried others such as Destroy all Humans, (which also has a bit of a texture issue) freezes for a couple seconds while also spinning up the disk before continuing, and this is the same for the others such as Dynasty Warriors 5 or Pirates of the Caribean etc. I noticed when this happens all of the values in the top right, EE and GS all dip low ,and go to 0 if the hang is long enough, while this occurs. the EE is normally about 80, GS about 30 and UI is normally at around 0. Frame Rates are around 50 and i'm using a european bios 1.6. The bios was downloaded because it seemed a huge hassle to get it from my own, with homebrew programs and some complicated stuff.
Quote:The bios was downloaded because it seemed a huge hassle to get it from my own, with homebrew programs and some complicated stuff.
ok. End of the support.
Closed
& warned for piracy
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go