Running games from external optical drive
I'm trying to get PCSX2 going on my MacBook, but since it doesn't have a built-in optical drive, I've got to use an external one. PCSX2 doesn't seem to be able to read the disc in the external optical drive. I frequently get segmentation error 11, or the other plugin (Linuz Iso CDVD   [libCDVDiso]) seems to be an ISO disc drive plugin only, which only wants to look for an ISO file. The only other plugin I have available for the disc drive is the CDVDnull Driver [libCDVDnull] plugin.

I don't want to rip my games because that will necessitate the use of an external hard drive as my MacBook's built-in storage is limited, and I really don't feel like doing that extra work when all I have to do is pop a disc into the drive and have it go. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I can't seem to find any potential solutions elsewhere online.

Sponsored links

the mac port cannot read directly from discs.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-30-2018, 11:12 PM)jesalvein Wrote: the mac port cannot read directly from discs.

Well, that kind of throws a wrench into my plan. Is it possible to force it to, or would I have to rely exclusively on ISO files?
Even if you are able to play from the disk,you will still encounter problems(the same apply for the windows version too)
The PC dvd drive don't work the same as the PS2 drive.
The PS2 dvd drive spins the disc non stop at certain speed but the pc dvd drive will either spin it at max speed or stop spinning after certain time of inactivity and that will result in temporary freeze.