Running high end games
I don't have any version of PCSX2 downloaded right now. I am simply waiting for the next release before I try the emulator out. Just so I know, do I have to set my power settings to "high performance"? I've been reading some people have had to do that, but I have it on balanced right now. I figured that only power saving and cool and quiet would make it not run at max speed. CPU is set to Normal in the BIOS.

EDIT: I just reread Rama's post, and if I'm reading it correctly, I can't set the amount of cores to use to 3 for the software mode AND use the MVU hack?

Sponsored links

yes, anything other then high performance can potentially throttle your processor clock rate, before i adjusted mine, my i5 would drop to 700MHz mid game (not fun) if setting performance settings to maximum doesn't work, you can try a program called "throttle stop" google it (don't use the Overclocking features of throttle stop without knowing what your doing)+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
Well you won't have Cool 'n Quiet, since that's an AMD function, but besides that to wait for a new version u can wait quite long, just get one of the SVNs they're stable enough Smile
Ok, just to make sure I ONLY adjust the powersaving mode in the control panel in Windows, and I leave the one in my BIOS alone? Will my fans spin faster at the same clock rate under high performance compared to balanced, and will this affect any of my other emulators that were running fine under the balanced setting?