Running iso's directly from PCSX2, difference between builds
I've been having a strange issue lately regarding loading iso's through the PCSX2 file menu for multiple rev's now. The thing is if I compile it using 2008, the function works as it should with no failure. If I compile it using 2010 via the included project file, it starts to get a little strange.

I have an iso named "Persona 4.iso" which loads fine in a 2008 compiled build, but does absolutely nothing in the 2010 build. No text printed out to the log in any compilation mode. However, I am able to successfully load the iso "Final Fantasy XII.iso" in both builds.

At first I thought it may have something to do with the filename ending in a number, but "DBZ Tenkaichi 3.iso" loads fine in both builds while "Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater.iso" fails to load in a 2010 build.

All these iso's were ripped by me and named in such a fashion to make it easier to navigate. I'm just curious as to why such a thing would happen? The failures and successes are very consistent too - not once did the 2010 build load Persona 4, and not once did it fail to load Final Fantasy XII.

Sponsored links

the VS2010 builds are all kind of buggy (at least for me) so I just stick with 2008. Did you change the names of your ISOs and retest just to see if it's truly the names that are the issue?
[Image: 2748844.png]
I should have tried that to begin with...

Renaming them doesn't change anything. For example, renaming Persona 4 to DBZ Tenkaichi 3 does not make it load under the 2010 builds.

The names are irrelevant to the outcome.
all isos were created with the same ripping tool? all pal or all ntsc or mixed? no modifications like ntsc/pal patch on the not working ones?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Well, I have the same problem, even if I used the r1474, im using the r1675 and still the same, anyway, im playing it directly from a burned DVD and runs just fine, so, burn a DVD and try.
I looked forward from the site of gabest11 and such, who had all the PCSX2 new revs for download (today the revs disappeared Sad ), anyway, Im looking forward to new builds to solve the Linuz ISO problem with VS2010 builds.
well, it might also be a problem of using vs2010 to compile it, it's still beta after all. not unlikely that this problem will be solved by the final release of vs2010 and not by the emulator, as i don't think the devs like to implement workarounds for beta bugs of vs2010 Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Im full aware of that zero29, im using it at my own risk without asking the developers of this emu to provide support.
Using the "Run ISO Image..." command on my vs2008 express builds behave like that sometimes, no idea why really but just take in count that option isnt complete or finished anyway, I end up just running them with Linuz ISO cdvd :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I use the same ripping tool for all iso's with no modifications. Yeah, using the plugin works just fine. Assuming there's no major code differences between the two project files, it is most likely a 2010 bug.