Running pscx2 on my new build
Hi Everyone

I my ps2 gave up the ghost a while ago sadly but I continued to play some games on my old i5 laptop (which wasn't a gaming spec, 4gb ram and no graphics card) which ran ff10 fairly well. Ive since built a new gaming pc but I cant get pcsx2 properly which is nuts given its specs.

My specs are
AMD FX 8320 Black edition
GTX 970 (Running direct x 11- if that helps)
8GB RAM

However despite this I cant seem to get my copy of shadow of the colossus working at norm speed and ratchet and clank- forget it!

Im not super at software and plugins etc so if anyone can help id appreciate it. As far as I can tell my pc should have NO problems running the emulator at normal speed but none of the guides on the forums or youtube videos make it any better.

Please help you brainy people Smile

Sponsored links

(09-28-2015, 12:29 PM)theretrogamer Wrote: ....I cant get pcsx2 properly which is nuts given its specs.

Not really,that cpu may be good but not good enough for pcsx2.
What matters most for emulators is single threaded performance and that cpu have around 1400 and SotC can run slow even on cpu with 2200 stp
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu...Eight-Core

Ratchet and Clank also requires powerful cpu(not gpu)
so theres no way its going to work? what AMD processor would be recommended for this software?
No AMD CPU for those games, unless you overclock. They are some of the most demanding in PCSX2.

4.4Ghz on that CPU will run SotC(with VU steal), but Ratchet and Clank is out of reach.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
yours is quite good, but the games you're trying to run are really demanding.
For Sotc, vu cycle stealing speedhack helps a lot.
for Ratchet & clank, if you overclock above 4.0 ghz your CPU, you may get near playable speeds.

Apart from that, an intel cpu with a good STP is recommended, just as Vsub said
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
He'll need higher than 4ghz for near full speed in ratchet.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I think Shadow will be fine with a good overclock and VU on 1 or 2.

For R&C you'll need to overclock as much as you can because the game requires software rendering to look right.

So overclock as much as possible, turn up software threads to at least 4(go with the amount that gives the highest performance), turn EE cycle rate to 2 or 3, (I think)turn MTVU on, and hope for the best.
(09-28-2015, 05:07 PM)dogen Wrote: I think Shadow will be fine with a good overclock and VU on 1 or 2.

For R&C you'll need to overclock as much as you can because the game requires software rendering to look right.

So overclock as much as possible, turn up software threads to at least 4(go with the amount that gives the highest performance), turn EE cycle rate to 2 or 3, (I think)turn MTVU on, and hope for the best.

To get 100% full speed, the OP would need an impossible OC. That Ratchet games are BRUTAL. I'd love to test them some time at 4.4ghz when I get the new CPU, but I question if that will be enough.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]