Runtime Error (Problem Solved :] )
(02-08-2016, 12:39 AM)FlatOut Wrote: I don't think avx shows up as an option if your CPU doesn't support it.

Have you tried deleting your settings(inis folder, maybe even just GSDX.ini)?

Nope I haven't and am going to try deleting the settings.

I  have tried deleting the whole inis folder and the error still happens

Sponsored links

Yeah give that a try and when you go to configure your GSDX settings make sure your dedicated video card is selected under adapter. That was the other suggestion I was gonna make.

If your still having problems after that you might wanna consider the possibility of a fresh os install.
How about updating PCSX2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(02-08-2016, 01:09 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: How about updating PCSX2

I did and still won't work

P.S.: I have mentioned that the same problem appears whether I run 1.2.1 or 1.4.0.
I think he tried that. The error happens in both 1.2.1 and 1.4.0
(02-08-2016, 01:07 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: Yeah give that a try and when you go to configure your GSDX settings make sure your dedicated video card is selected under adapter. That was the other suggestion I was gonna make.

If your still having problems after that you might wanna consider the possibility of a fresh os install.

In fact, I really want to re-install the OS as the last mean for solving the problem
I just read in your update that it works when you choose opengl. You do realize opengl is currently the renderer of choice in version 1.4.0
It is a mystery though one of which I don't have the answer for you as to why DX11 doesn't work. My guess is your os probably needs to be redone.
Sorry to keep harping on about updating directx, but when you did it, did you use this? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download...px?id=8109

if not can you use that and try again.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-08-2016, 01:49 AM)refraction Wrote: Sorry to keep harping on about updating directx, but when you did it, did you use this? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download...px?id=8109

if not can you use that and try again.

I was going to suggest the same thing.  I was having issues with Xaudio2 not working.  It took some digging to realize I was missing some DirectX files because I've had my Windows Update turned off for a long time.  This package is the last set of updates for DX11 so I would try this install and see if it helps before you reinstall your OS.