Ryzen vs Intel
i just build an AMD Ryzen System (R5 1600x) which supposedly gives better multithreaded performance, and i just realised that the equivel priced intel (7600K) has an overall better score for gaming, and an STR as well which people here say its most important.

Specifcally were talking about 2k vs 2.3k

Is this of great significance because i really just feel bummed out now that i realise i didnt go for intel platform

Sponsored links

it's significant.
but when you reach 2k STR, most games will run perfectly in terms of speed.
2.3k will give the most demanding ones a speedboost, but we're talking about maybe 10% of the emulated PS2 games, here.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Actually its 2.4k i just noticed for the intel. Anyway i was thinking of running Shadow of Collosus which is one of the most if not the most demanding game on the highest settings possible
Pop your DVD in and give a try. but i think you should be good to go.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
And try seeing if you can get away with an EE Cycle Rate of 2. This will all but assure a constant 60 in game Fps.
(10-05-2017, 03:48 PM)Throwaway Wrote: And try seeing if you can get away with an EE Cycle Rate of 2. This will all but assure a constant 60 in game Fps.

This will also increase Hardware (CPU) requirements so it's best not to increase it unless the game is stuttering due to PS2 hardware limitation.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Has anyone tried running the Snowblind games (Baldur's Gate) on Ryzen? I'm looking into Ryzen 5 1600 but haven't found many real user reports on its performance on the more demanding games like that.