SCP Toolkit Setup For Older Games (D - Input)
Hey guys, this doesn't necessarily have to do with PCSX2 but more to do with the controller program SCP Toolkit, I am hoping someone may know the ins and outs of the program here as I am dying to use my old PS3 controller while playing old PC games if it is possible as I am sick and tired of buying cheap ass controllers and them breaking down on me all the time.

Tried setting up SCP Toolkit and it seems everything was working fine until I went into the game that I was trying to play, I doubt any of you have heard of it, but it's a thing called Tomb Raider Level Editor, it's a thing that was released way back when Tomb Raider 4 was released in around the year 2000 or so, can't remember since it was so long ago. Anyways there's a website where I play custom made Tomb Raider levels made by people online, it's pretty rad and if you are a old skool Tomb Raider fan like myself, you should really check it out. It's all legal BTW in case anyone thinks that it isn't.

Anyways, I was able to set up SCP Toolkit and most of the buttons were responding with the game, but some were not, but they are important buttons that I need while playing the game (L2, R2 and the D-Pad buttons are not working) but everything else is.

I know there are 2 inputs while playing games on PC which is X-Input and D-Input, don't ask me what they mean cause I ain't no expert and not much of a gamer TBH, I only really play Tomb Raider Level Editor levels that people make, but I do think this problem has something to do with the TRLE needing the controller to be D-Input so I can use the D-Pad, not sure why the L2 or R2 buttons are not responding but I hope someone may know here.

I heard from someone on the TRLE forums and they were able to set up the controller successfully to play with TRLE, hopefully I will hear back from him soon on how he done it but it doesn't hurt to get some more opinions and help and that's why I am here. Hopefully someone may know what's going on here and why these buttons are not responding with the game.

Can anyone here help me out? Thanks!

Sponsored links

Anyone have any idea why this is happening for me?

I waited for a long time to hear back from that person in the other forum, but never did.

Would sure appreciate the help if anyone knows here.

I am basically trying to set my PS3 controller to be DirectInput so I can play the older Tomb Raider games, like I explained above, some of the buttons are not responding with the game.

Thanks!
SCp toolkit has been deprecated for long, and almost no one uses it anymore.
Dshidmini or steam do a better overall job
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go