SMT:Nocturne - map not displayed correctly
This is how the navigation map is supposed to look, as displayed in version 1.0.0:

[Image: sv78nl.jpg]

In version 1.2.1, it looks like this:

[Image: 70z3g6.jpg]

As you can see, the doors, stairs and wall lines are missing, and the map color is wrong.

Checking alpha stencil inside hacks configuration will partially fix the problem:

[Image: 2196tle.jpg]

You can now see doors and stairs, but wall lines are still missing.

I just play the game in version 1.0.0 (the shadows overlapping the characters don't bother me that much), but I decided to post this so it can hopefully be fixed in future versions. Cheers.

Sponsored links

In hardware of software mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
the issue can be fixed by using sw mode.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(11-08-2014, 04:20 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In hardware of software mode ?

Hardware mode.

(11-08-2014, 04:21 PM)s.sakash Wrote: the issue can be fixed by using sw mode.

This seems to be the default reply for every issue reported. That's fine, except for the fact most people won't play on software mode because it forces native resolution.
(11-08-2014, 04:36 PM)Draconic Seed Wrote: Hardware mode.

This seems to be the default reply for every issue reported. That's fine, except for the fact most people won't play on software mode because it forces native resolution.

yes, it's true that sw mode forces native resolution but, it's the best way if you want to avoid the glitches or bugs.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hold on here though. Assuming this was all done in Hardware mode... he mentioned in 1.0.0 that it works fine. (And clearly it shows correctly there). I just don't know if that very first screenshot was SW or HW mode.

So we can easily say SW mode fixes it, but it seems something between 1.0.0 and 1.2.1 (or 1.3.0+) broke it for Hardware Mode if that first screen was already in HW mode.
Might help to figure out from which version it started to stop working right for a possible permanent fix?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(11-08-2014, 04:59 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Hold on here though. Assuming this was all done in Hardware mode... he mentioned in 1.0.0 that it works fine. (And clearly it shows correctly there). I just don't know if that very first screenshot was SW or HW mode.

So we can easily say SW mode fixes it, but it seems something between 1.0.0 and 1.2.1 (or 1.3.0+) broke it for Hardware Mode if that first screen was already in HW mode.
Might help to figure out from which version it started to stop working right for a possible permanent fix?

All screenshots were done in hardware mode.

Maybe this problem was introduced by the "shadow overlap" fix that was introduced in 1.2.1 (by removing the shadows completely). Is it possible that this "fix" screwed up the map display somehow?
What if you give a try with the gsdx provided in 1.0 with pcsx2 1.2.1 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-08-2014, 05:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: What if you give a try with the gsdx provided in 1.0 with pcsx2 1.2.1 ?

How do I do that? Do I just copy the .dll file to the 1.2.1 plugin folder?
Yes. Try it and report back.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]