SOCOM 2 freezes on main menu only
The rest of the game runs fine, but 99% of the time, PCSX2 stops responding on this screen. If I can somehow get past it, rest of the game is perfect. Any ideas?

Screen it freezes on

Log attached. I have tried messing with various settings and video drivers but no difference. When I successfully did it I used direct 3d 11. Software mode it just crashes before the menu, and open GL same behavior.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 20,44 KB / Downloads: 97)

Sponsored links

I see an unknown pnach in there, try without or even look at the dev builds.
(07-28-2021, 10:04 PM)RedDevilus Wrote: I see an unknown pnach in there, try without or even look at the dev builds.

It happens regardless of the pnatch. But this patch is actually supported by the developers and has render fixes that make the rest of the game much more playable. I play on a server with over a hundred players and no one else has this issue. My settings as far as I can tell are the same.
Quote:But this patch is actually supported by the developers
? Where did you get that statement ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-07-2021, 06:17 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ? Where did you get that statement ?

Well this pnach isĀ from the group behind the SOCOM revival project, who have members who contributed to PCSX2 project. It's widely used by the community, and happens even without the pnach. So I am pretty confident it is not this file is the point I am making.
Maybe you should see with that socom community you're talking about then
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Are you using a modified GSDX? Because that one is a lot newer than the rest of the plugins that came with 1.6.

Can you please use the one that came with 1.6

I tried 1.6 myself and I couldn't reproduce the hang.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]