SOCOM II - Cannot Crouch
I know I'm not the first one to encounter the issue of not being able to crouch in SOCOM II, however, every solution I find does not work on this version of PCSX2. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Aztec

Sponsored links

That's by design with the game. All SOCOM games made use of the pressure sensitivity function of the face buttons, so by default you had to "soft press" the stance change button to switch between standing and crouching, with a 'hard press' putting you in prone. If you don't have a DualShock 2 or 3, and don't have it setup to make use of that function, then you will always only be able to switch between standing and prone.

I don't know when, but at some point they finally added a function to emulate the pressure sensitivity with non-DualShock 2/3 controllers. I'll attach a screenshot that shows where the option is, and what setting works best. The default value is 0.50, which is still too much to work properly with SOCOM. I lowered it to 0.25 and it works fine. You'll have to set a dedicated button or keyboard key to toggle when the emulator is in "pressure sensitivity" mode, and as far as I know there's no on-screen indicator that lets you know when it's toggled, so you'll have to keep mental track of it. It's clunky as hell but better than nothing I guess lol.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Trying that now. Thank you for your reply. Ill update in a few minutes

EDIT:

0.25 did not work. Trying 0.20

EDIT 2:

0.2 did not work. Confused how to proceed. Naroon you're a gem for trying to help.

What do you mean by a dedicated button for toggling pressure sensitivity?

If anyone has any insight here, I would very much appreciate.
My bad, I forgot to mention you need to go to the Bindings tab and assign a button/key of your choice to activate this. Here's another screenshot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-31-2023, 03:04 PM)NarooN Wrote: My bad, I forgot to mention you need to go to the Bindings tab and assign a button/key of your choice to activate this. Here's another screenshot

You're a beautiful human. Gonna try that now and let you know. Thank you

EDIT:

It worked. Thank you NarooN.

For anyone in the future wanting to know how it's done, hold the pressure bind while you hit your "change stance" button. Like the legend NarooN said, it's clunky AF but it works
Glad we could get it sorted out! Enjoy the game my man
(01-31-2023, 03:06 PM)Aztec Wrote: You're a beautiful human. Gonna try that now and let you know. Thank you

EDIT:

It worked. Thank you NarooN.

For anyone in the future wanting to know how it's done, hold the pressure bind while you hit your "change stance" button. Like the legend NarooN said, it's clunky AF but it works

Thank you so much Aztec and Naroon!!!
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go