SOCOM II Running at low speeds
I've seen a couple threads on this issue but none with a definitive solution.  My Socom II runs completely fine, albeit a little ugly, when the graphics are set to software mode, but on hardware I experience slow-motion during the first mission from when the first cutscene ends, and I take control of the character.

PCSX2 1.6.0
Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core
RTX 2080
32GB DDR4 Ram
Windows 10

All my PCSX2 settings are here: https://imgur.com/a/RXCyGNI
And I'm running this 60fps hack I found online: https://imgur.com/a/qALF2yd

Worth noting I was having this issues on default settings without the hack as well.  Software mode works fine with 0 slowdowns, but hardware instantly runs at 60% or less speed.  My computer's pretty beefy as it is so I'm not sure if this is a hardware bottleneck issue or anything like that.  Would ideally like to run this on hardware as it looks a million times better.  Willing to try anything to fix!

Sponsored links

Set the Blending Accuracy under Config->GS->Plugin Settings to "none"
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-17-2021, 10:51 AM)refraction Wrote: Set the Blending Accuracy under Config->GS->Plugin Settings to "none"

No luck, still running at about 50% speed as soon as I get in.

Going to try getting past the first mission on software, then launching the 2nd one on hardware to see if the level makes any difference.
oh wow, yeah you're right, sorry I thought that fixed it, apparently it doesn't.

What are your settings for software in GSDX? I have a 3900X and software is full speed.
Also do you have MTVU enabled?

(08-18-2021, 09:03 AM)refraction Wrote: oh wow, yeah you're right, sorry I thought that fixed it, apparently it doesn't.

What are your settings for software in GSDX?  I have a 3900X and software is full speed.
Also do you have MTVU enabled?

No worries!  Like I said, willing to give anything a shot.  I do have MTVU enabled and software settings are here: https://imgur.com/a/J5cW2H5
The game runs on full speed on software for me too, I was just hoping to get it working on hardware because of how much better it looks.  It's significantly grainier, blurrier and overall worse looking on software.

I also did get past the first mission and onto the second, still the same issue though the speeds fluctuate around 80% on that mission. I'm guessing it depends on the level itself, but I still can't understand why an RTX 2080 / 3700X would have issues with running any game on PCSX2. My settings are mostly mimicked from this youtube video, was hoping to achieve the same levels of performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5S5wpldtA
okay see the "render threads" at the bottom? change that number to 4, hopefully that should help the speed.

It's not your hardware, specifically anyway. The game is asking your GPU to do something modern GPU's are not designed to do, so it's extremely freaking slow. We will look in to it and see if we can use heuristics to do it a faster way, but we will have to check.

(08-19-2021, 10:19 AM)refraction Wrote: okay see the "render threads" at the bottom? change that number to 4, hopefully that should help the speed.

It's not your hardware, specifically anyway.  The game is asking your GPU to do something modern GPU's are not designed to do, so it's extremely freaking slow.  We will look in to it and see if we can use heuristics to do it a faster way, but we will have to check.

Software rendering works fine as it is on 2 threads or 4, I'm mainly trying to fix hardware rendering so I can play with decent graphics.  I guess just waiting for the next patch to come out is my only hope?
You can try going down to 3X resolution and try direct3d 11 mode to see if you gain any fps.
I don't think HW mode is fixable without further development, it seems pretty trash

(08-20-2021, 07:18 AM)refraction Wrote: I don't think HW mode is fixable, is seems pretty trash

It seems to work for other people, e.g. that video I posted.  I guess it's just an issue with specific hardware not working as well for the game?