[SOLVED] [1.7.0] FMV Issues With Dynasty Warriors 5 (NTSC)
Hello. First of all, thank you to the PCSX2 team for an amazing piece of software.

I have a standing issue with Dynasty Warriors 5 and my savefile - for some reason, every FMV stutters when I use my savefile (created two days ago with 1.6.0). Creating a new memcard and saving fixes the issue completely, but when I copy my old savefile over to the new memcard the FMVs stutter again.

Please help me understand why in the world is a savefile interfering with the FMVs. I'm at a loss here - and other than starting a new game and losing all my progress, every setting I tried didn't work.

Specs:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 7400 - 3.00 GHz
  • Memory: 16GB DDR4
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 590 8 GB VRAM
  • PCSX2 version: 1.7.0-dev-62-gd08e492d (latest nightly as of this post's date, compiled from github). Tested also on stable 1.6.0 provided by the official site - same thing.

Other info:
  • All settings are on its default values, as no settings change did anything to fix the FMV issue. The exception is 3x native res and 16x anisotropic filtering in GSDx.
  • Switching to software rendering during FMVs does not produce any effect.
  • PCSX2 files are under my OneDrive folder - before anyone points out that's an issue - I already ran tests on this: issue occurs placing the files in another drive, outside OneDrive's sync, and even on an SSD. The problem is within the game's savefile.
  • Copying the savefile to another memcard, regardless of size, does not fix the issue.
  • The issue occurs even on a clean PCSX2 installation.
  • Starting a new savefile erases the issue completely.
  • This is a DW5 vanilla game - no XL import as the disc swap feature does not work on PCSX2 (known issue).
  • The ISO rip is fine.
  • The game itself runs well, almost perfectly, with a few black lines on the ground (known issue) and some slowdowns (game engine issue). The problem affects FMVs only.

I'll be happy to provide further information. Thanks in advance.

- blazereborn

Sponsored links

tried using sw mode auto-switch gamefix ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yes. Didn't work, unfortunately.
The only thing that I can think of is your old save file has some different ingame setting saved, which is breaking the FMVs. Make sure both old and new saves have the same game settings.
Edit: Yep I was right, setting sound to dolby prologic II breaks FMVs, probably because we don't decode that properly.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-06-2020, 12:42 AM)Bositman Wrote: The only thing that I can think of is your old save file has some different ingame setting saved, which is breaking the FMVs. Make sure both old and new saves have the same game settings.
Edit: Yep I was right, setting sound to dolby prologic II breaks FMVs, probably because we don't decode that properly.

That did the trick! How didn't I think of that?

My appreciation. I had given up, honestly.

Mods, you can close this thread and mark as solved.