[SOLVED]Cannot press start on Gundam games (G v GZ and Fed v Zeon)
Hello everyone!
I recently installed the most recent version of PCSX2 and got Gundam V Gundam Zeta and Federation V Zeon on it.
The game runs fine, I've made keybindings for all 26 keys. I can skip the intro just fine and navigate the menus.
The problem is that whenever I try to hit a button inside a menu (i.e. Game options> save/load, or Arcade mode> new game) the button does nothing. I've tried pressing every single key on my keyboard, and only the keys that move the menu up and down work. The game will not start since I my start button config isn't responding (for some reason). As I mentioned before, however, I can enter the menus with the same start button. It simply won't press the button if it's in another menu. 
I'll try posting any relevant data here.
I'm running on Windows 10.
I have a Nvidia 660. 16GB of ram, Intel i7-3770 3.40GHz. 64-bit system.

If there are any other questions, just leave them here.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

Can you please update to the newest version, 1.2.1 is no longer supported, thanks Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Just updated to the newest version. I loaded the lilypad file i saved, changed my configs back to what I had up in the original post.
Still nothing. The game won't allow me to start the game, despite my start button working.
Why do you have the start button mapped to 2 keys? I would clear it out and remap it from scratch

I tried remapping everything. Didn't work. Also having 2 bindings for keys doesn't change a thing. It just adds an alternate button.
okay, just to see if its something specific with the game or not, have you tried it with any other game which isn't a Gundam game?

(03-20-2016, 12:38 AM)refraction Wrote: okay, just to see if its something specific with the game or not, have you tried it with any other game which isn't a Gundam game?
I don't believe this is an issue with Gundam games, Federation V Zeon should work.
I just finished setting up Castlevania Curse of Darkness. The game launches fine and I have started a new game. With the same exact controls that I used to start Castlevania, I was unable to start Gundam Federation V Zeon. The game will not allow me to start a new game.

Thanks for all the quick replies, everyone!
You could try playing with the ee clamping and rounding settings on gundam, see if that helps. It's a bit of a weird one

Wow! That fixed it! I changed the EE setting to "Full" from "Normal" and it works now! Thanks a lot for the help.
Now do I need to edit the post to explain that it's solved or what?