[SOLVED] New UI Pause Input Issue and Garbage Pixel Issue
Hello all,

So I've just downloaded the latest nightly after using 1.5.0 for a very long time. And of course I see the interface and many features are completely overhauled.

This is cool, but I'm having a couple of problems that are becoming annoying enough for me to create an account here and ask for support from the PCSX2 veterans out there.

The first problem is, when I press Escape, it no longer suspends the video window and awaits my return to press Resume and continue on. Now it freezes the emulation and opens this menu:

[Image: UIK0daJ.png]

I don't really have a problem with the menu itself, the issue is I wanted to take a break from the emulator and play a different game with my friends which I so happen to require using the same controller for. I minimized the PCSX2 emulator, I loaded up the other game, starting navigating the main title screen and suddenly I hear this bizarre hyper chipmunk sound loop on repeat. Surely enough, I deduce from muting one thing at a time in volume mixer, that the cause is PCSX2. I un-minimize to check out what's going on, and not only am I dangerously on the save to memory card screen of the game that it was not paused on (though I was standing at a save point in the game's world), but it was running at like, several times normal speed, unpaused and making a horrible sound close to overwriting my 40+ hour save without my input or consent.. I hit Escape to pause it again, and quickly realized the emulator is reading my controller inputs on this dangerous Escape screen even while it's minimized and inactive, whilst I'm trying to enjoy another game.

I know that was a pretty lengthy explanation of the problem, but I don't know how else I can explain what's going on. Is there a way to disable the input on this screen or pause the emulation safely a different way, without having to close the PCSX2 application?

I have memory hooks in with cheat engine and don't want to lose the addresses I spent time finding.

---

The second problem I'm having is that there is a garbage corrupt pixel strip on the right side of the screen, as shown here:

[Image: qRYSJoL.png]

The fix in 1.5.0 was to set the Zoom to 101%, but after some Google research, this has apparently been abolished in these newer version of the software and the only thing I could find on Google about it was some sort of video cropping feature.. but I can't find it anywhere in any of the settings and would appreciate if someone could guide me through the correct menus to get this fixed up.

---

Thanks for your time, to anyone who read this and can possibly lend a hand in any way with these issues.

Sponsored links

The 'pause' is simple. There are hotkeys, so remap your as you will... Your screenshot is a pause menu. The game isn't shut down or paused in a particularly safe manner at that point as it's just the menu. There's entire separate hotkey to 'Pause'. Also unlike keyboard input, the controller input is read directly from the API so even if PCSX2 is in the background it may still pick up the controller inputs. The way to combat that would be to use the controller menu in pcsx2 and unplug your controller to avoid sending any inputs.

The line thing happens with lots of different games typically during pre-rendered cutscenes, most often on the bottom of the rendered movie. It could be side effect of some upscaling or resolution change that emulator is doing. IIRC switching to software mode makes the line disappear in most cases.
Sweet, you can change system hotkeys now. That seems to fix it. Thanks!

I unbound the Escape key and re-bound the Space key's pause function to be what Escape does instead. I wish it suspended and removed the video window like in 1.5.0, but we can't have everything I suppose.

---

Software renderer fixes the pixel strip but makes the game look like hot garbage in comparison, so that suggestion doesn't really help at all, sorry. Like an under dirty water filter or something.

Some Googling seems to show there is an alternative way to 'crop' out the right-pixel since the removal of the Zoom feature. Could you elaborate on this? Or is it true 1.5.0 is superior in that I can set a simple zoom to fix it?

Edit: Scratch that, I figured it out. Finally found the tiny little option. For anyone else Google-fu'ing this issue in newer versions of PCSX2, under Graphics -> Display you will find the Crop option. Set the 'Right' value to 1px.

[Image: GZaPgdI.png]