[SOLVED] No audio issue
Hello everyone!

I have problem with sound in pcsx2. when i start a game, using pcsx2 1.4.0 i get pop up with "failed creating mastering voice: 0x80040154"
When i'm running pcsx2 1.6.0 i get pop up with "xaudio2create not found. error code 999"
When i'm trying to use direct sound i get message that spu plugin could not be open because of compatibility or driver issues.
when i'm using portaudio i get no pop up errors but there is no sound either.

I'm on windows 10, i have installed newest drivers for my sound card but no luck.

funny thing is that yesterday it worked like a charm, next day something like this happens.

I have no clue what is causing this and i need help of someone wiser than me Wink

i'll attach console logs from both pcsx2 versions just in case.

Thank You.

Edit:
It actually looks like pcsx2 is not detecting my sound card.
when i choose wave out backend i see nothing to select in waveout device dropdown....

Attached Files
.txt   log 1.4.0.txt (Size: 16,12 KB / Downloads: 238)
.txt   log 1.6.0.txt (Size: 22,15 KB / Downloads: 141)

Sponsored links

Did you plug any speaker/headphone into audio output jack? Usually this issue happens when you see the speaker with red X icon on the right side of taskbar.

Try to change other audio output by right click Speaker icon>Sounds>Playback and select the other audio output device as default ones.
AMD Ryzen 3500X 3.5Ghz (OC'ed to 4.0Ghz)
16GB DDR4 2667Mhz RAM
AMD RX 480 8GB GDDR5.
240GB SSD
Gigabyte Aorus B450i ITX mobo

*PCSX2 1.7.0 64-bit tester
(05-27-2021, 09:53 AM)zaim_92X Wrote: Did you plug any speaker/headphone into audio output jack? Usually this issue happens when you see the speaker with red X icon on the right side of taskbar. 

Try to change other audio output by right click Speaker icon>Sounds>Playback and select the other audio output device as default ones.

I tried that but no no
care to show your spu2-x settings ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quick update.

I gave up and did format C:/

The issue i now resolved

I,ve spent 2 days trying to figure this out and I'm still not sure what was causing it but I suspect something was messed up with dx libraries.

Case closed

(05-27-2021, 06:31 PM)jesalvein Wrote: care to show your spu2-x settings ?

i guess everything was good with spu settings.

it worked like a charm on other pc

interesting was that Mame32 also was suffering from audio initialization errors

mame error code was pointing toward corrupted dx libraries

Thank You Wink