[SOLVED] PCSX2 Won't Start, Insufficient Resources
Hello forums,

I'm currently using Arch Linux x64 and I downloaded PCSX2 from the AUR using the PCSX2-Git package provided there. The package compiles fine and everything but the emulator wont start saying something like the following: "Insufficient resources or unsupported video driver". PCSX2 used to work in my machine with the Intel 4600 integrated graphics card (although slow) but now I have an Nvidia card I obtained (GT 630) and for some reason PCSX2 is the only emulator that won't work. Emulators like PCSXR or Dolphin work well but not PCSX2. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored links

Its best to use the proprietary nvidia driver. The one in the pacman repos is fine. Make sure you also have the lib32 version.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I am using the official drivers. I tried the open source driver and while it worked it was extremely slow, even the Intel iGP driver was faster.
No matter what back end I use (Opengl HW, SW and Open CL) give the same error. ZZogl just down right crashes.
please run PCSX 2 from terminal and post the output log here.

I clean a bit the thread, no offense (I'm not against help from windows users, but be aware GSdx is a bit different on linux Wink )

Anyway, this message "PCSX2 Won't Start, Insufficient Resources" appears when openGL is not properly detected. ZZogl will crash instead. So your 32 bits drivers isn't properly installed.
Don't worry, I actually tried explaining the same thing to the another windows user who gave wrong suggestions, which was merely a confusion between how windows and Linux works. About the problem, as stated in the error message, the solution will be to update your video drivers.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(02-22-2015, 02:28 PM)ssakash Wrote: Don't worry, I actually tried explaining the same thing to the another windows user who gave wrong suggestions, which was merely a confusion between how windows and Linux works.
edit= some mis understanding here , sorry btw .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
I remember when I was an arch user that lib32-egl (specifically with nvidia name) had to be installed separately for proper driver function.

Oh man that was the problem, I was missing the 32 bit library.