[SOLVED] Weird X360Pad/Computer Bug
Hello, like the title says, I'm encountering a weird bug on my desktop.
My CPU is an AMD Phenom™ II X4 B35 Processor.

When I'm using PCSX2 on Linux (I have tried LMDE and F20) with an X360 Pad on this computer, it's like the left joystick is "used" event if I'm not touching it.
In the menu it "goes up", in the worldmap it "goes left", in the towns it "goes right" etc ... It's really weird ...
Not enough weirdness for you ? This bug isn't present on Windows (on this Desktop) nor on Windows/Linux on my i5 Laptop ...

I'll try to relock my cpu to an Athlon II X3 435 but I doubt this will improve anything ...
What do you think of this bug ? Laugh

Sponsored links

Not a valid bug report, moving to general discussion.

Per my guide, did you try changing the deadzone? http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-PC...#pid391516
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Awww I was in bug reports ? Sorry, I tough I was posting in Linux section ....
Btw it's late there ... I'll test your link tomorow, this seems interesting.
Thanks for the help.
Oh yeah I moved this to the wrong place. Oops.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Hmm there is no Deadzone conf in OnePAD. Plus, the joystick send commands even if I'm touching it.
Example : My character moves to the left, I want him going to the right, having him actually going to the right will be tricky because it's like "I'll have to play with the joystick a bit in order to cancel the auto-left command". Don't seems to be a deadzone problem ^^
I don't know about Onepad.

Depending on your distro, you should have a joystick setup tool or at least a CLI where you can set the deadzone. Don't ask me for specifics though.
The deadzone in the plugin is an entirely different beast to the deadzone you configure for the controller on an OS level.

@Yama, do you still get this issue if you bind keyboard keys to the affected analog stick directions in OnePAD?
ThinkPad X270: i5-7300U | HD 630 | 32GB RAM | 960GB SSD
ThinkPad X395: R5 3500U | Vega 8 | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD
No issue if I bind keyboard keys to the affected analog stick directions ...
And the joystick is working fine while I'm in OnePAD conf ... It goes mad only after I have launched a game ...

edit : I tested to relock the B35 to an 435, it doesn't improve anything.
Okay, long story short Laugh

- PCSX2 works fine on my ArchLinux laptop and on Windows
- PCSX2 have the bug on my LMDE desktop.
- PCSX2 have the bug if I use a Fedora USB on the LMDE desktop
- PCSX2 have the bug if I use a Fedora USB on the Archlinux Laptop
- PCSX2 doesn't have the bug if I use the PCSX2 configs from my Arch on the Fedora USB
- PCSX2 have the bug if I mv (not rm you fool !) my config directory on Arch latop

I have always used ~current git.
Conclusion : ~current git generate wrong OnePad config files. Since I have a good config file, we can assume it worked in the past.
I am good for the dreaded git bisect Sad

edit : Damn, I should stop bugreporting without thinking before ...
The problem was simple : I had inverted Left Stick and Left Pad in my configuration ...
lol Tongue2

Don't worry we all do this kind of mistake.